< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: New Prez and CCW  (Read 1662 times)

Offline Aldo

• Ever vigilant. Ever ready. Ever willing. www.everreadyccw.com
  • NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
New Prez and CCW
« on: December 07, 2008, 07:55:12 PM »
I know that we don't have a crystal ball re the new President and his administration regarding CCW, but what are folks' thoughts regarding whether our CCWs will be revoked (e.g., via one of his supposed upcoming 100 Executive Orders early on)?  I hate to lose what I already have (NE ccw), and I'm saving to go ahead and apply for the FL ccw license (in order to be recognized in 28 states), but I'm wondering if the new prez is gonna go after CCWs let alone guns overall.

P.S. If this is in the wrong thread location for this question/topic, perhaps the Mod can move it to where it would be more appropriate.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 10:44:41 PM by Aldo »
www.everreadyccw.com
"Always remember that you are Americans, and it is your birthright to dream great dreams in this sweet and blessed land, truly the greatest, freest, strongest nation on Earth." -- Ronald Reagan

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
Re: New Prez and CCW
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 09:29:09 AM »
You really don't need a crystal ball to figure out if a dog bites folk in his own yard, he'll try to bite folks when he is turned loose in yours......
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline Aldo

• NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 10:06:45 AM »
Nice analogy......not comforting, though.  :(
www.everreadyccw.com
"Always remember that you are Americans, and it is your birthright to dream great dreams in this sweet and blessed land, truly the greatest, freest, strongest nation on Earth." -- Ronald Reagan

Offline Aldo

• NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 04:35:52 PM »
Well, this here says it all....I can sleep well again tonight!  ::)

If it's in print, then it must be real!! -- "Obama: Don't stock up on guns"  :P

http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/obama/1318968,obama-guns-sales-up-120808.article
www.everreadyccw.com

Offline Aldo

• NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 08:58:42 AM »
Perhaps most of y'all have checked out "Gun Talk Radio"....
http://www.guntalk.com/site1.php

Ahh, the roller coaster of politics.....after listening to the most recent show about this very issue, I am back to not sleeping well  ;)

Recently a guest on the show was an NRA exec about the political direction of guns/no guns....the following link takes you to the show's media library, and then you can listen to the December 7, 2008 show (or any others that are archived there)....

http://guntalk.libsyn.com/
www.everreadyccw.com