< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Anyone in Chadron  (Read 2119 times)

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
Anyone in Chadron
« on: October 04, 2010, 10:52:18 AM »
Chadron ponders gun law change

http://www.omaha.com/article/20101004/NEWS01/710049906#chadron-ponders-gun-law-change

If someone is in the area they may wish to let the council know they support this move.

Offline MikeF72

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Anyone in Chadron
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 01:14:23 PM »
There's a Councilman that gets my vote.  Nice to see a politician with some common sense - very rare these days.  Any of you from out there need to contact this Councilman and share your support.
All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife. - Daniel Boone

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 03:11:56 PM »
They are also working to remove the requirement of people selling firearms to report to the Chief of Police.  If we have any members that see this in the area your support to the city Council would be appreciated.  We have just learned of these bills today and may not be able to have anyone there to speak for us.

Offline ghknives

• Gun Show Volunteer NRA Life member
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 04:16:18 PM »
I visited with Dr. Gamby earlier about this. He feels confident that it will pass with little oposition but would still like to see as many as possible at the meeting. So far the only one voiceing any concern is the Police Chief. The Chadron City Councel can be a bit unpredictable so a good showing at the meeting could make a difference. The meeting is at 5pm this evening in the city councel chambers
I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I only love that which they defend.        J.R.R. Tolkein

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 07:38:29 AM »
Has there been some sort of history of violent crime in Chadron the rest of the world is unawae of????

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 12:13:21 PM »

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 02:17:01 PM »
Cheif Lordino better get "a good supply of body bags" -Col Sam Trautman

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010, 10:40:09 PM »
I think we need to send out an alert to members, since that may be the only way top reach them when they aren't on the forum.

I hunt up there every year and had no idea there was a ban on loaded guns. I do not want to be a test case, but have carried a loaded 44 into many gas stations in that town.
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

Offline ghknives

• Gun Show Volunteer NRA Life member
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 09:31:57 PM »
The Chadron City Council had the third reading of this ordinance this evening.  I expressed that we were glad to see the changes but would like the whole ordinance to go away. The meeting was well attended by gun owners and through their willingness to stand up and voice their opinions the city council voted 3 to 5 to amend the ordinance completely removing the paragraph making it illegal to carry a loaded firearm on Chadron city property. In other words as one reporters voice - it's now legal to carry a loaded firearm on the city streets and sidewalks. One councilman even went so far as to say he had carried his .270 loaded on city property (no details). The Mayor even related that he came to the meeting planning to vote against any changes but in representing his constituents he felt he had to vote to do away with any restriction to carrying a loaded firearm on city property
I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I only love that which they defend.        J.R.R. Tolkein

A-FIXER

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2010, 09:50:48 PM »
The Chadron City Mayor even related that he came to the meeting planning to vote against any changes but in representing his constituents he felt he had to vote to do away with any restriction to carrying a loaded firearm on city property

Well this dude, is doing what his job calls for following the people in legal repects ot the law and to promote the same standard to ALL OF THE POLITICAL ENCLAVE TO FOLLOW including from the president down......to other political offices to follow!!!! But agin its only my opinion.....

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 09:51:18 PM »
Great job! Thanks to all the area residents that took a stand, and restored a little more freedom in Chadron.

Thanks Guy, for the report and for attending the meeting
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2010, 10:06:15 AM »
Guy, thanks for the update and attending.  Also a thanks to all those that took their time to step up and speak out for their civil rights.  When we work together and let our voices be heard we can get a lot accomplished.

This is a step forward for not only for Chadron but all of Nebraska.