< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Apex sear for M&P  (Read 1529 times)

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
Apex sear for M&P
« on: October 08, 2010, 04:52:58 PM »
I put an Apex sear in my M&P 9L a couple of days ago and I have to say I'm really impressed.  The trigger wasn't horrible before, but when I would dry fire I noticed the front sight would do a little dance every time the trigger broke.  The trigger had some creep right before it would break, and it kind of stacked somewhat.  I'm not very good with a handgun, so I don't have the best trigger control.  After putting in the sear and polishing the trigger bar & striker the front sight doesn't move a bit when I dry fire.  The trigger now is quite a bit lighter, with a crisp break and no creep once the initial stage is taken up.  It's comparable to a really nice 2 stage trigger on a service rifle.  I know that sounds kind of weird, but that's the best way I can describe it.

I'm sure someone who's a better shot with a pistol would have been able to master the factory trigger, but for someone like me I think this is going to make a huge difference.  I can't wait to take it out this weekend and see how much better I shoot.  If anyone has an M&P I would highly recommend this upgrade.  It's a little on the pricey side, but I think it's well worth it.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 04:55:32 PM by bkoenig »

Offline predatorhunter

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Apex sear for M&P
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 07:59:02 PM »
Brian where did you order your sear from?  I have two M&P pistols so I think I might try it in one of them.  I saw Midway has them for about $40.  How hard would you say it was to install?  Thanks for any input you have on this.
NRA Life Member!!!!

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 08:12:30 PM »
These sears make a VERY Light, nice trigger on the M&P

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 11:47:20 PM »
I got it from here:

http://www.apextactical.com/

I bought just the sear, but if you want you can also get spring kits to further lighten the pull.  I was concerned that those might affect reliability so I went with just the sear.

I took it out last weekend to the ENGC 3 gun match and it was the best I've ever shot with a pistol.  I'm much more accurate with this new sear.  After shooting it some more I will say one think I don't like is the fact that the trigger seems to have no detectable reset.  I like a good positive "click" when I let off the trigger and the sear resets.  For action shooting I don't really notice it, but for slower paced bullseye type shooting it's very noticeable.  Apex does have a striker block kit that supposedly helps this.  I might have to try it eventually.