< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: What's the Opposite of an Anti-Gun Business? [Vote in Poll]  (Read 2575 times)

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
What's the Opposite of an Anti-Gun Business? [Vote in Poll]
« on: October 10, 2010, 07:57:45 PM »
That would be Nettie's Fine Mexican Food.  Check out the sign the owners have posted on the front door: http://omaha.peoplespresscollective.org/2010/10/10/what-is-the-opposite-of-an-anti-gun-business/.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 08:29:07 AM by zombiehunter »
"I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert Heinlein

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
Re: What's the Opposite of an Anti-Gun Business?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 09:46:25 PM »
Paul's BBQ in Lincoln was recently robbed.  It is too bad that they didn't have such a sign, or have a group of NFOA members practicing their open/concealed carry as they did in June of 2009.  The latter would have been quite a shock for that criminal.  :o

Lincoln Journal Star: Robbery reported at south Lincoln barbecue restaurant

A man walked into Paul's on or about September 21, 2010 at around 2:30pm.  Got away with $144.  It is hard enough to make a living in the restaurant business without this kind of stuff.

Fly

« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 10:10:03 PM by OnTheFly »
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 10:03:07 PM »
Damn...Paul's was a local hangout for LPD in that area. That day we went to eat there, the place was full of cops just finishing lunch.
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 06:57:18 AM »
If I ever get that far south, I'll have to stop in.  Since I'm not eating in Omaha anymore (9.6+% food tax now) I am a bit pickier about where I eat... glad they're in Bellevue.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline Mike M.

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: What's the Opposite of an Anti-Gun Business? [Vote in Poll]
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 03:25:15 PM »
Havent been in there in years. Guess I need to get down there and enjoy again.
Mike

USAF 82-88, American Legion, NFOA,  NRA

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 04:37:56 PM »
Just ate there a couple weeks ago.  If you like hot ... you need to eat their chili.

Offline NEEDJOHNGALT

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 08:53:35 AM »
As the owner of Nettie's, I am a bit confused?   I have a Frontsight Firearms Training Institute decal on my front door.   I have a NFOA sticker on my front door.  I have a large sign that states we believe the second amendment is an unalienable right of all citizens.  The sign clearly states we support and encourage concealed carry.   Yet we have had two "no gun no money" business cards left and had two separate customer complaints about our "anti" gun policy yesterday.  I probably have the most pro gun entryway of any business in the Omaha metro area.  How frustrating! 

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2010, 10:07:58 AM »
As the owner of Nettie's, I am a bit confused?   I have a Frontsight Firearms Training Institute decal on my front door.   I have a NFOA sticker on my front door.  I have a large sign that states we believe the second amendment is an unalienable right of all citizens.  The sign clearly states we support and encourage concealed carry.   Yet we have had two "no gun no money" business cards left and had two separate customer complaints about our "anti" gun policy yesterday.  I probably have the most pro gun entryway of any business in the Omaha metro area.  How frustrating! 

WTH?     ???
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline DaveB

• NFOA Full Member
  • Future lottery winner!
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2010, 01:49:02 PM »
I would bet they are being dropped off by unfriendlies that have received them. I would not be alarmed by it. I hope to get there sometime to try it out.

Offline Randy

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • "Liberty or Death"---------"Don't Tread on Me!"
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2010, 04:17:42 PM »

Nettie's owner there has been nothing but support for your business on this forum.
Let us never forget 9.11.01
 "She Never Begins An Attack, Nor When Once Engaged, Ever Surrenders:"
An American Guesser Oct.3, 1775

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2010, 05:15:33 PM »
Maybe these people just see a sign with a gun on it and ASS-U-ME it is a "No CCW" sign.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline Rich B

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2010, 05:28:02 PM »

I blame public schools for our nation's literacy problems.
NRA Life Member.

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2010, 09:02:34 AM »

I blame public schools for our nation's literacy problems.

You mean, "government schools", right?  ;)  Words are important.
"I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert Heinlein

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2010, 04:44:43 PM »
OK, Folks.............

You get a Two-fer at Netties:

1)   Avoid the Evil Omaha Restaurant Tax, and

2)   Support a Firearms-Friendly Business.

To Sweeten the Effect, take a Pretty Lady.   It Adds to the Dining Enjoyment.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2010, 09:26:47 PM »
Is it possible we have a counter culture of Anti's using our own tactics against us?
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

A-FIXER

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2010, 10:03:11 PM »
Is it possible we have a counter culture of Anti's using our own tactics against us?

now you see it and before you didn't