< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: ENPS Zombie Match----Are You Prepared For The Zombies?  (Read 4558 times)

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
ENPS Zombie Match----Are You Prepared For The Zombies?
« on: October 12, 2010, 05:49:26 PM »
Attention all Zombie Hunters---are you really prepared for the zombie apocalypse? Been training lately? Let's find out!

The Eastern Nebraska Practical Shooters are hosting a Zombie Fun Match on October 31st at the Eastern Nebraska Gun Club near Louisville, NE. While designed as a 3-gun match (pistol/shotgun/rifle), this also can be shot using centerfire pistol only, .22 pistol only, or as a .22 2-Gun match (.22 pistol and .22 rifle).

In other words, bring what guns you have, and we'll put you in a division somewhere. Bring your family members, too. (After all, when the zombies come, you want them to be prepared, right? Not zombie food?)

This match is for charity, so the match fee is either $20, or a new-in-the-box toy. All toys and money will be given to the Marine Toys-For-Tots Foundation. (Juniors: $5)

So dress in your best zombie hunting gear, and let's see if you have the skills necessary to survive the zombies...

Match Website: http://hapkido.4t.com/Zombie1/ZombieMatch.html

Eastern Nebraska Practical Shooters: http://www.easternnebraskapracticalshooters.com
Eastern Nebraska Gun Club: http://wwww.engc.us
Marine Toys for Tots Foundation: http://www.toysfortots.org/
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
Re: ENPS Zombie Match----Are You Prepared For The Zombies?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 06:34:54 PM »
A quote I saw the other day - "The worst part about living through the Zombie Apocalypse will be pretending it isn't awesome."

I really, really want to go to this.  Unfortunately my daughter is having a Halloween party on the 31st.

Offline Bill

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 09:55:17 AM »
This looks like a load of fun.  It says it starts at 7:30, is that a.m. or p.m. (assuming p.m.)?

Anyone know where I could get some Ruger Mk II magazines locally?  I've only got 2 magazines for it, so I'd need a 3rd at a minimum.

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 10:12:12 AM »
Headshots only, I presume. :D

Offline 20nickels

• NFOA Full Member
  • I've got your back
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2010, 10:03:03 AM »
WooHoo!  Can't make it this year, but will definately next year if you decide to have it.
~1522~    In an effort to reduce the continuing fear surrounding the black magic of guns and black powder, a Bavarian necromancer states that rifles are more accurate than smoothbores because the spinning bullet doesn't allow a demon to gain purchase upon it.

Offline kruiz

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2010, 11:14:33 PM »
this..... is...... AWESOME!!!! I'm in, if i can convince my buddy to let me borrow his rifle :)

Offline Ram Ringer

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2010, 04:18:23 PM »
This might sound like a stupid question, but do you need a rifle to compete, or is it handgun and shotgun and how much ammo to you recommend?

Thanks
"The Most Important Political Office Is That Of The Private Citizen"  Louis Brandeis

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2010, 10:36:52 PM »
This looks like a load of fun.  It says it starts at 7:30, is that a.m. or p.m. (assuming p.m.)?

Anyone know where I could get some Ruger Mk II magazines locally?  I've only got 2 magazines for it, so I'd need a 3rd at a minimum.

7:30 a.m.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2010, 04:54:34 PM »
Morning match---shooting starts at 9am.  We welcome all the setup help we can get at 7:30am, though...

If you want to shoot it as a 3-gun match, then as long as you make perfect shots, you'll only need:
59 Pistol rounds
22 Birdshot shells
4 Slugs
16 rifle rounds

If you are shooting pistol-only (whether centerfire or rimfire), then a perfect match would require 101 rounds. 

Shooting .22 2-gun (pistol and rifle, both .22) you'll need 59 pistol and 42 rifle rounds---but since they are both .22, just bring 101 rounds again.   :)

No single stage requires more than 25 rounds, so 3 magazines should be enough---but you are REALLY going to want to take your time and get your hits, since thumbing extra rounds into a magazine in the middle of a stage takes awhile...and the zombies are coming.

I STRONGLY suggest assuming that you won't have a perfect match.  It IS headshots only, and the zombie heads are different sizes and at different distances...so bring extra ammo, and given a chance, extra magazines.   >:D

See you all there!

Offline Ram Ringer

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2010, 08:15:47 PM »
Thanks
"The Most Important Political Office Is That Of The Private Citizen"  Louis Brandeis

Offline tylersaurus

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2010, 10:02:07 PM »
Do you need  to be a ENGC member to shoot?

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2010, 09:40:37 PM »
Do you need  to be a ENGC member to shoot?

Nope!  Anyone can come and shoot the match.  (This is true for our USPSA pistol, 3-gun, and steel challenge matches also...)

Offline tylersaurus

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2010, 06:46:27 PM »
Looking forward to Sunday! One more question, do I need to bring a holster?

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2010, 08:45:18 PM »
I too also, Lil bro is even coming up from  Kansas. thinks he's gonna take 'em all out with a 1911.
Ima bring most the force, .45 auto, shotty, and maybe a mosin for good measure. (not really fast, but I know they gonna be dead!! Hope to see a few of ya out there.  8)
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2010, 08:45:52 PM »
Looking forward to Sunday! One more question, do I need to bring a holster?

Depends on what you are shooting.  If shooting either .22 pistol division, or .22 2-Gun division, then no, you don't need a holster.

If shooting anything else---then yes, you need a reliable holster.  No cross-draw or shoulder holsters, please.

See the rules at:  http://hapkido.4t.com/Zombie1/ZRules.html (which includes a link to our standard Multigun rules, which has a section that talks about equipment).

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2010, 06:36:45 PM »
WOW. just got back a little bit ago. Well the wind blew slightly , my ammo was cheap, the targets moved, i couldn't concentrate with all the gun fire around, the targets were scary, my gun was having a bad day, Zombies are getting harder to kill..... 8)  Any other excuse I forgot folks?  Let's just say if I had to fend off a bunch of zombies, we as the human race may not survive.  On the other hand, I met alot of folks I would call on for back-up.
It was great meeting new folks and was a great fun shoot. Will have to come back up for more events at ENGC.

:'( now to go rest this shoulder. Note to self: Mosins were built for war, not for competition.  ;)
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2010, 07:57:27 PM »
Glad you had a good time!

Everyone else:  If you weren't there, you missed out!  55 shooters showed up (about double our normal match size, which is EXCELLENT---people need to come back next week for the USPSA pistol match, two weeks after that for the Steel Challenge match, and the week after that for our last 3-Gun match of the year) and shot lots of zombies!

Match results are up online at: 

http://hapkido.4t.com/Zombie1/ZResults.html

Offline AJ_Engineer

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2010, 08:17:44 PM »
I had a great time today. Glad all of my gear worked great and can't wait for the next one. I hope to get through some of my photos soon.

I'm surprised your fire-breathing mosin didn't scare away or singe more zombies!

Offline AJ_Engineer

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2010, 07:54:23 PM »
Started going through some of the photos.

More to come!
Zombie Shoot by AJ Booker, on Flickr

Offline AJ_Engineer

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2010, 08:02:03 PM »