< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Tameing the mighty beast  (Read 1692 times)

Offline ghknives

• Gun Show Volunteer NRA Life member
  • Powder Benefactor
Tameing the mighty beast
« on: October 25, 2010, 10:16:16 AM »
After 30+ years of owning and shooting MACs' I have found a whole new way to enjoy them. The Mac is so small, light and fast that it is almost impossible to control. Then comes the Lage slow fire upper http://www.max-11.com/ . Instead of burning through a mag in 4-5 trigger squeezes one and two shot burts are simple.  Great accuracy too. If you own a Mac or want to get into sub gun shooting I can't recomend a better item to tame this beast.
I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I only love that which they defend.        J.R.R. Tolkein

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: Tameing the mighty beast
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 08:53:33 PM »
ya, ive seen these and heard a lot of good things about them.  the uzi talk forum is full of people who love them.  personally i don't have one, but i may get a 22LR conversion though.  22LR is A LOT cheaper than 9mm even at 900 rpm.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline ghknives

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 08:11:33 AM »
It doesn't take long to spend a lot on ammo at 900-1200 rpm
I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I only love that which they defend.        J.R.R. Tolkein

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 05:33:44 PM »
Darn it you guys, I'm having a hard enough time convincing my wife I need to build an SBR.  This is going to be even tougher.

Offline ghknives

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 10:59:14 AM »
I'm sure she'll go along with a full auto purchase once she understands the investment value. If not, its always easier to beg foregiveness than ask permission. OMG, I hope Vickie doesn't read this.  Truth is, it's real hard to find shooting that is more fun than full auto.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 10:04:29 PM »
Lol......I tried the investment approach. Didn't work. 

Had a ton of fun shooting Rob's Mac today.  If I ever got her to shoot it I think she would be sold.

By the way, I found this the other day....I'll just leave it here.

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56430

Offline ghknives

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2010, 09:30:16 AM »
Oh man, that is soo cool. The Mac is about the least expensive auto and still available in good numbers. It seems like some one is always developing a new upper to make it more usable. I would like to see an RPD or M60 some how adapted to the mac giving us a chance to own a belt fed for under 10 grand.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2010, 02:58:30 PM »
brian, it is always tooooo much fun when Mackenzie gets her rocks off.  she told me she loves you!  ;D  and yes ill get her a suppressor sometime soon, she's been kinda loud lately.   :)

i too, hope there will be an rpd attachment, i'd love to get a class 3 rpd.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official