< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Ruger LCR  (Read 1605 times)

Offline Ram Ringer

• NFOA Full Member
Ruger LCR
« on: November 13, 2010, 10:24:43 PM »
Just bought the wife a Ruger LCR. Does anyone have experience with these? I am mainly looking for what self defense ammo (ie weight of bulllet) is best to use. I am thinking a lighter weight bullet would stablize better. I have notice makes a difference in my Keltec.

Thanks

Galen
"The Most Important Political Office Is That Of The Private Citizen"  Louis Brandeis

Offline rich17z

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Ruger LCR
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 12:36:53 AM »
Ram Ringer,I have 2 of the Ruger LCRs. the .38 and the .357 mag.  And,they both shoot very well and almost for me in my opinion,being disabled, my point of aim is a tad[less than inch above center] on the target.   I shoot anywhere from 130 fmj ball to 158 grain swc bullets. Factory and reloads.   So enjoy what ever caliber your wife has and good luck with the LCR revolver.  Dont put any type of laser sight on it because it is just a fad that will not last long. stick with the factory grips,The HOUGE TAMER.

Offline sjwsti

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 09:52:38 AM »
Depending on your wifes tolerance to recoil you will need to chose between a standard velocity JHP and a +P JHP. The lighter grain bullets will tend to be +P and as long as she doesnt mind the added recoil, any of the common manufacturers loadings will do. Personally I carry the CorBon 110gr +P DPX in my S&W 442.

Dont put any type of laser sight on it because it is just a fad that will not last long.

I think someone once said that about T.V. (just kidding...)

- Shawn
"It's not what you know that will get you into trouble; it's what you know that isn't true"

www.88tactical.com

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 02:28:14 PM »
i got an LCR and i like it.  its my most used carry/pocket pistol.  i have no compaints, but beware of recoil.  it'll wake you up if you aren't ready for it.  get speedloaders for it.  i only have a few right now and ill get some more later.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 03:08:45 PM »

Dont put any type of laser sight on it because it is just a fad that will not last long.

I think someone once said that about T.V. (just kidding...)

- Shawn

I'm still saying that about repeating firearms and smokeless powder.