< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Serbu Super Shorty  (Read 3217 times)

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Serbu Super Shorty
« on: November 23, 2010, 08:40:48 AM »
anyone here use a Serbu Super Shorty before?  im looking at getting one and wondering how they are.  like usefulness, maintainance, etc.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

A-FIXER

Re: Serbu Super Shorty
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 05:57:12 PM »
I've was watching wed's night at the range and the show was shooting gallery and as impact guns says :The SUPER-SHORTY is based on a Mossberg Cruiser 12-gauge shotgun which came from the factory with a pistol grip. Because of this, the SUPER-SHORTY is considered an AOW (Any Other Weapon) and can be transferred with a $5 stamp! The gun holds two 2-3/4" or 3" (if you like pain) shells in the magazine, plus one in the chamber. The 16.5" overall length, 6.5" barrel and spring-loaded foregrip, which pivots out of the way when not in use, make for a very compact package.
If you like the idea of concealed carry with a 12-gauge, or like a lot of "bang" in a small package, or just like a lot of muzzle flash, then this is the gun for you.:
But on the show if you get a new receiver that has never been use as a complete shotgun or the like you can build on yourself and then only pay the 5.00 fee and own your own that you built while sending in your info on the AOW firearm.

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 12:03:58 AM »
One correction if you build an AOW yourself the making tax is $200 and then if you transfer it again then it is $5.  There is no cost savings in tax to make one yourself.

Another similar AOW can be had from safetyharbor.com  I prefer the Remingtion 870 version but they are not as available as the Mossbergs.

The biggest advantage of the AOW is it can cross state lines without the need to notify the BATFE or get their approval.
Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 09:44:22 PM »
It looks completely useless, impractical, and ridiculous and if you buy one I absolutely want to shoot it  ;D

A-FIXER

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 12:06:14 AM »
http://www.safetyharborfirearms.com/

Thanks David for the correct info as the only info per se was the shooting shows but now you helped out and explained it further .

Offline Rob Androyna

• Sponsor- NFOA Raffle #1
  • NFOA Full Member
    • Exeter Arms
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 09:56:36 PM »
We have them in stock and ready to transfer. Give me a call at 402-366-1596.
We are the largest Class 3 weapons dealer in Nebraska. Call us at 402-366-1596 for all your weapons needs.

Offline Omaha Doc

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 07:02:35 PM »
I just fired my new Super Shorty using low recoil shells.  The recoil is no problem.  The weapon is VERY intimidating with lots of noise , and a woosh of fire from the barrel.  Absolutely perfect for home defense IF another weapon with more ammo capacity is available.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 07:16:44 PM »
what reciever is on your serbu?

what kind of low recoil shells did you use?

A-FIXER

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2011, 07:19:39 PM »
Cool, ought to try a ooo buckshot load for a test and let us know, mine is just over 16  in meeting the not an SBG and the others I have are 18.5 stock. I don't feel the diff in the 2 lengths just wondering on you SB one.

Offline Omaha Doc

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2011, 02:43:57 AM »
what reciever is on your serbu?

what kind of low recoil shells did you use?

I ordered a 12 GA,Remington 870 with a Hogue grip (upgrade from Mossberg 500),  and fired Federal Power-Shock 2 3/4" Low-recoil 9 Pellet 00 Buck - BUT, I am using Winchester Supreme Elite for home defense ( I like the combination of a rifled slug plus 3 00 buck pellets).

A-FIXER

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2011, 10:55:40 PM »
yup, using the winchester supreme's in one of them and hornady's in the other in oo-buck,

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2011, 06:01:35 PM »
well i just bought one.  i can't wait to get it in!