< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: What do deer think?  (Read 1781 times)

Offline Jay

• NFOA Co-Founder
What do deer think?
« on: October 17, 2007, 01:04:13 PM »
Ted Nugent, rock star and avid bow hunter from Michigan, was being interviewed by a French journalist and animal rights activist. The discussion came around to deer hunting. The journalist asked, 'What do you think is the last thought in the head of a deer before you shoot him? Is it, 'Are you my friend?' or is it 'Are you the one who killed my brother?' Nugent replied, 'Deer aren't capable of that kind of thinking. All they care about is, 'What am I going to eat next, who am I going to screw next, and can I run fast enough to get away. They are very much like the French.' The interview ended at that point.

;D

1hickey

Re: What do deer think?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 11:47:42 AM »
French army?  What's that?

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 01:21:04 PM »
I don't believe that deer think.......... they react.

Q: "What's going through a deer's 'mind'?

A: Two years ago, for one particular button-buck, it was a 150 grain Sierra Gameking of .277 diameter, at about 2900 f/sec......... I wasn't trying to be cute with a head shot- he was just running by me and I led him to much.

The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 10:38:08 AM »
I don't believe that deer think.......... they react.

Q: "What's going through a deer's 'mind'?

A: Two years ago, for one particular button-buck, it was a 150 grain Sierra Gameking of .277 diameter, at about 2900 f/sec......... I wasn't trying to be cute with a head shot- he was just running by me and I led him to much.

I'd rather be lucky than good.   ;)

Got my tree stand up last weekend, lots of tracks around but haven't seen any deer yet this year.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 08:59:36 AM »
I understand that there is an early antlerless-only season theis year....... time to go invest in my very own sausage mekkin' set-up .....
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.