< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Renewed my FL permit  (Read 970 times)

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
Renewed my FL permit
« on: December 10, 2010, 10:33:23 AM »
First step, fingerprints at the very CCW friendly Columbus PD. <ahem> $5.
Get form notarized... free.
Get passport photos at Walgreens $9.
Bring forms, photo and prints to post office and oh yeah, a check for $107 to Charles Bronson
Then the post office hassles me about how the state of FL labels their mailing envelope.   Like I'm responsible for how FL marks their envelopes.  ::)

Apparently, "DO NOT BEND" means that a cardboard stiffener should be inside the envelope.  And naturally if a cardboard stiffener is onboard, it can no longer be mailed first class as a "flat."  It has to go as "parcel post", for more $$$ of course.

I just told her to mail it first class and if the USPS has to bend it, bend it.  $0.88 to the PO.

Who woulda thunk the PO would be the biggest hassle in this evolution? :)

"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Renewed my FL permit
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 08:28:03 AM »
The post office is full of government bureaucrats who don't care about you because they are basically never going to get fired. They like to hassle you because they can get away with it. Now our healthcare will soon be governed by them....oh the things to look forward too.