< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Public Input Sought on Waterfowl Hunting Boundaries  (Read 851 times)

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Public Input Sought on Waterfowl Hunting Boundaries
« on: January 05, 2011, 08:37:32 PM »

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Nebraska Game and Parks Commission
2200 N. 33rd Street
Lincoln, NE 68503

(402) 471-5008

Public Input Sought on Waterfowl Hunting Boundaries

LINCOLN, Neb. ? Waterfowl hunters are invited to give their input on possible boundary changes to duck zones and goose units, according to the Nebraska Game and Parks Commission.

Hunters have two options for giving input: attend one of several public meetings around the state or download a survey from http://outdoornebraska.ne.gov/hunting.asp.

"It's an opportunity to gather some input and see if there are changes out there that guys want to see made,'' said Mark Vrtiska, Game and Parks waterfowl program manager. "If you don't want a change, that's just as important as if you do want a change, so I need to have that input as well."

In accordance with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service rules, boundary changes may be made every five years. Any changes would be in effect for the 2011-2012 waterfowl hunting seasons.

The following is a list of the public meetings, all starting at 7 p.m.:

Jan. 10 ? Lincoln, Nebraska Game and Parks Commission headquarters, 2200 N. 33rd St.

Jan. 11 ? Omaha, Papio-Missouri River Natural Resources District office, 8901 St. 154th St.

Jan. 12 ? Auburn, Nemaha County Fairgrounds 4-H building, 816 I St.

Jan. 13 ? Columbus, Izaak Walton League, 3521 9th St. South

Jan. 17 ? Alma, Johnson Community Center, 509 Main St.

Jan. 18 ? Bridgeport, Prairie Winds Center, 428 N. Main St.

Jan. 24 ? Valentine, Niobrara Lodge, 803 E. U.S. Highway 20

Jan. 25 ? O'Neill, Cubby's Godfather's Pizza Express, 204 E. U.S. Highway 20

Jan. 26 ? Albion, Cornerstone Bank, 240 S. 3rd St.

Jan. 27 ? Ponca, Ponca State Park, 88090 Spur 26E

Jan. 31 ? Kearney, Mitzi's Pavilion at Yanney Heritage Park, 2020 W. 11th St.

Feb. 1 ? North Platte, North Platte Police Department, 715 S. Jeffers.

-30-
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: Public Input Sought on Waterfowl Hunting Boundaries
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 08:49:23 PM »
thanks for posting.  i just saw this as well.  even though i don't hunt geese and ducks, ill pass it on to some of my coworkers who do hunt waterfowl.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official