< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Lincoln gun show  (Read 4677 times)

Offline Bill

• NFOA Full Member
Lincoln gun show
« on: January 11, 2011, 04:50:43 PM »
There's a gun show at the Lancaster event center the end of January, is there going to be NFOA involvement?  I haven't seen anything about it, so I was wondering if there was some history there that makes it unmentionable.   :)

Offline Rob B

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Lincoln gun show
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 06:12:11 AM »
must be I wonder....

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 07:29:25 AM »
There is nothing wrong with the Lincoln gun show. The only problem some had with it was that they had "no ccw" signs on the front door, which is not uncommon at gun shows.

To be perfectly honest, the handful of people that have been manning tables across the state for the last 2+ years, talking to hundreds and hundreds of people for 8-9 hours on each day of a gun show weekend to get others to sign up as members with little to no help from the other thousands of members of the NFOA, have grown weary of it.

I would encourage both of you to contact either Dan W. or Chris Z. to get a NFOA banner, sign-up sheets, stickers, etc. from them. Then call the promoter of the show to see if a table is still available(sometimes they will donate the table, sometimes not).  This is how the vast majority of the 4500+ members of the NFOA have been signed up.

We NEED more members to get involved with the organization and recruiting if we want the NFOA to continue growing.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 01:05:28 PM »
The reason I did not do it last year, my son had wrestling on the weekends. Now he's in college. I did it the year before, handing out flyers, and was the first time I met DanW.
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

Offline Jesse T

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • XD Shooter
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 01:51:01 PM »
I've sat at the Lincoln tables enough times I think even the patrons are sick of seeing me!

As FR said, if you're interested, get involved! I'm sure Dan W would be more than willing to meet up and hand over the sign and get you set up to man the show!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 01:52:39 PM by Jesse T »
N0ZXR

Offline shaggy853

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 03:26:18 PM »
what are the dates on this?

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 04:30:28 PM »
Modern and Black Powder
GUN SHOW
 and EARLY AMERICAN CRAFTS
and TRADE GOODS

Saturday, Jan. 29, 2011 - 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Sunday, Jan. 30, 2011 - 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

Lancaster Event Center-Pavilion 1     

Lincoln, NE

Admission $4.00

For Information contact:

Ardis Moody - amoody1@neb.rr.com
402-477-6409 or 402-540-6409
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline Rob B

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2011, 09:42:07 PM »
And guys I checked on the no CCW signs. It is a requirement of the insurance co.Only one company has this insurance and it is owned by the NRA. Lets get on thier backsides to eliminate this requirement!

Offline shaggy853

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2011, 10:19:23 PM »
i would help out at least one of those days if someone puts this together.

Offline Eagle1

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2011, 02:04:00 PM »
I should be able to help at some point.
Has anyone contacted Ardis yet?
USN 83-87, American Legion

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2011, 04:22:10 PM »
I can not attend, Jeff, but if you would like to set something up at the Lincoln show, feel free. I have a banner for the table, stickers and patches to sell if you like. Maybe there is enough local support to go forward.
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2011, 02:06:53 PM »
Any follow up on this? I may be able too help out for a bit. On the other hand, we've prolly hit that one pretty hard.
Could just attend for a while in our shirts and such and just happen to have a few pamphlets and business card on us. (that's how I roll in Cabela's and Scheels and such. Always engaging other customers in conversations, a little name dropping, then Whammo, cards come out, a little light salesmanship, and send them on their way.)
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane