< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: LB327 - Adds $10 to registering older vehicles  (Read 1049 times)

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
LB327 - Adds $10 to registering older vehicles
« on: January 14, 2011, 09:26:06 AM »
http://nebraskalegislature.gov/FloorDocs/Current/PDF/Intro/LB327.pdf

Junker fees: Owners of motor vehicles at least 14 years old would pay a new, $10 fee to support state road-building needs under LB 327, introduced by Lincoln Sen. Kathy Campbell. More than 628,000 vehicles fell into that category in 2008.

Please contact your rep. to voice your opposition to this unfair additional fee.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline DaveB

• NFOA Full Member
  • Future lottery winner!
Re: LB327 - Adds $10 to registering older vehicles
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 10:14:18 AM »
Just remember, they are not going to raise taxes. Now we will be penalized for not supporting the economy by going into debt more. Unfortunately, I'll have to pay it, it's still cheaper than buying new cars.

Offline Jesse T

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • XD Shooter
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 10:16:25 AM »
Jeez.  Sounds like a stupid easy way to make a cool 6.28 million for the state. 

Heck why not tax people older than 14 year olds a "geezer" tax. 

Or tax my phone that comes off contract with an "old technology" tax. 

It really seems like they are panicking and don't want to make cuts, so they are adding taxes wherever they think they can get away with it...
N0ZXR

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 10:38:06 AM »
Yup, time to give the Governor a call.  Seems like a new "tax" to me.  I thought he didn't want taxes raised?
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 02:08:36 PM »
I'm hosed. I've only owned 2 vehicles newer than 14 yrs old. She got the car and the truck was repo'd. Soo, I guess the $10 tax is nothing compared to that.   ::)
Seriously, though, add $10 to the what $75 wheel tax, and tagging a $500 car gets pricey!
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 02:11:27 PM »
I can't afford to pay the taxes on a decent vehichle: it's cheaper to keep fixing the junkers than to buy new!
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline ghknives

• Gun Show Volunteer NRA Life member
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 04:23:22 PM »
Had a customer tell me it was cheaper to replace his engine with a reman than pay the sales tax on a new vehicle. Hell of it is, he's right
I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I only love that which they defend.        J.R.R. Tolkein