< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Really disturbing ATF story  (Read 3032 times)

Offline Bill

• NFOA Full Member
Really disturbing ATF story
« on: January 19, 2011, 10:23:22 AM »
I know that's a bit of an oxymoron, but this is really disturbing.

The condensed version is that the ATF is smuggling guns into Mexico at the direction of people way up in the food chain, with the implication it's to inflate the number of guns able to be shown as coming from the US.

I'm not sure I buy it, but it might bear some scrutiny.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-national/is-project-gunwalker-about-to-bust-wide-open

Offline Ronvandyn

• Pollywog
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: Really disturbing ATF story
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 05:41:51 PM »
Much as it sounds like a conspiracy theorists dream, it actually sounds credible.  Something that a left leaning government might actually try. 

Ron
NE-CHP Holder, USAF Veteran, NRA Member,  ENGC Member
KC0MXX

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 05:56:07 PM »
There is a lot of evidence to support this story.  I has also come out in the last week or so that the firearms dealer in Texas that is the most often traced to in the "Mexican Gun Traces" had brought concerns to the ATF on sales, including sales of multiple guns to hispanics that had questionable ID.  They were instructed to complete the sales and continue selling to these individuals by the ATF.

Offline mizzly

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 05:34:21 AM »
There is a lot of evidence to support this story.  I has also come out in the last week or so that the firearms dealer in Texas that is the most often traced to in the "Mexican Gun Traces" had brought concerns to the ATF on sales, including sales of multiple guns to hispanics that had questionable ID.  They were instructed to complete the sales and continue selling to these individuals by the ATF.

I hope he got that in writing or on tape.

Offline Hardwood83

• Powder Benefactor
  • Molon Labe
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 11:48:03 AM »
Very interesting- thank you for sharing it. I'm not much of a conspiracy theory guy, but I wouldn't put anything past this Administration.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

Offline ComputerCowboy

• NFOA Full Member
  • R A Manard (R A or Alan)
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 09:06:24 AM »
Don't let your memory be shortened by whatever propaganda. We all know that the cia was proven to have sold drugs and guns to criminals time and time again with no plan to bring anyone to any kind of justice.

Offline bubba803

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 09:27:36 AM »

How can the ATF make anyone sell a gun to someone else?
I came into this world kicking, screaming and covered in someone else's blood;  I plan on leaving it the same way!

A-FIXER

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 03:00:40 PM »
They can work with the justice branch, and others deeming to put pressure on you and your business via= tax,local codes,requirements of business,ect..ect..

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 03:25:59 PM »
If you don't you are not cooperating with an ongoing investigation, you can loose your FFL for that.

Offline Eagle1

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 05:56:02 PM »
If one doesn't have knowledge of an investigation then one would not be in violation. If he has knowledge of the investigation then he is hampering the investigation by talking about it.
What came first, chicken or egg?  ???
USN 83-87, American Legion

A-FIXER

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2011, 09:34:28 PM »
The one that got elected and decides for YOU....
If one doesn't have knowledge of an investigation then one would not be in violation. If he has knowledge of the investigation then he is hampering the investigation by talking about it.
What came first, chicken or egg?  ???

The one that got elected! and decides for YOU.... About your egg question...

Offline Bill

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2011, 11:37:21 AM »
Follow up on this story, it seems to have gained some traction and supporting evidence.  Of all the usual suspects CBS seems to be doing the heavy lifting.  Surprising to say the least.

Here's a one of their stories:  http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_162-20039251-10391695.html

When the ATF is telling their people to do something that looks good to the public, that has to be a bad sign.  Maybe this can get some traction on ATF reform/defunding. (A guy can dream can't he?)

Offline justsomeguy

• Defender of the Constitution
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2011, 11:57:48 AM »
The BATFE is rotten from the head down. There exists in the agency a culture of corruption that has been around for so long and runs so deep that I fear it can't be cleaned up without completely gutting the agency and starting over.

You can follow the story more closely here.http://www.cleanupatf.org/

And here.http://www.cleanupatf.org/mission.html

And here.http://cleanupatf.org/forums/
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit. The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are." - Marcus Aurelius

Offline Bill

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2011, 12:53:42 PM »
Ah they're in deep **** now.  Rush picked up the story today.   :o

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2011, 08:30:29 PM »
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline Rodney Moorhead

• Powder Benefactor
...Com on wanre niht scri?an sceadugenga

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
Re: Gunshop owners expressed concern early on
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2011, 02:38:58 PM »
This is politics, pure n' simple.  Another attempt to give the NRA and its ignorant bitterclingerer membership a black eye.
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
Re: Gunshop owners expressed concern early on
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2011, 02:46:29 PM »
I fail to see what any of this has to do with the NRA.  Could you explain you line of thinking there?
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline Ronvandyn

• Pollywog
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2011, 11:19:27 AM »
I have to agree with Rick, the NRA advocates for 2nd Amendment rights.  They may not do it the way you like, or the way you prefer, but they do it, and quite effectively.  I am a member, and proud of that.

Ron
NE-CHP Holder, USAF Veteran, NRA Member,  ENGC Member
KC0MXX

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2011, 08:52:47 AM »
I fail to see what any of this has to do with the NRA.  Could you explain you line of thinking there?

If this was directed at my comment, my response is this:  The Obama Admin is no friend of the NRA.  Do I need to say more?
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller