< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: AR15 Lowers  (Read 1915 times)

Offline westonfire22

• Forum Member
AR15 Lowers
« on: January 21, 2011, 12:57:52 PM »
Hi all, I was wondering if any shops in the Lincoln/Fremont/Omaha area stock lowers or do most people just order them online?  Looking to do some first time building and seeing what is around me before I go to ordering.

Thanks,
Bruce

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
Re: AR15 Lowers
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 01:03:35 PM »
Most places that have them around here will charge over $100+tax for one.  I've yet to see a local retailer that can beat the price of one bought over the internet including shipping and transfer fee.  Many places online selling them from $59 - $79.

... and btw, welcome to the NFOA forum.  be sure to sign up as a NFOA member here: http://www.nebraskafirearms.org/index.php?option=com_chronocontact&Itemid=18
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 01:11:38 PM by FarmerRick »
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline AJ_Engineer

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 05:07:17 PM »
Moeller Arms had Spike's lowers last time I was there. Thinking the price was around $125? Good quality ones. While they are cheaper online, remember you have to throw in shipping and the transfer fee.

I bought mine, a YHM, from Exeter Arms at one of the fun shows back in '09. Looked into getting one from some local shops, most didn't have them or were price gouging pretty bad (Bullet Hole) at the time.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 08:38:29 PM »
A quick search finds they are not much cheaper online. I would snap up a Spikes Lower at $125. My favorite RRA lowers are running 140+up on the web
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline shaggy853

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 11:18:20 AM »
I've seen spikes lowers online as low as $60 + shipping and transfer obviously.

its my experience that tax will outweigh shipping in most cases, but its always nice to be able to touch something as soon as, if not before you buy it.

Offline kozball

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 06:23:21 PM »
If Stag would work for you, I am pretty sure that R.L. Moeller Arms has one in stock. Give Rod a call to see what kind of deal you can make. Check his schedule on his website, as he only works eves. and Saturday.
\"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn\'t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.\"

Ronald Reagan

Offline farmrboy

• Got Zombies?
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Farmrboy
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 10:55:25 AM »
I bought a YHM lower from Exeter Arms a year ago.  Stopped by Rob's house and filled out the paperwork on the dining room table. Think it was $115. Nice thing about buying local is supporting the local economy and the advice/service that come with it.
NRA life member,  reloader since 1980, bullet caster since 2012, on Facebook- senior admin Reloading the Hornady Way, admin-The Reloading Room, Cast Bullets and Bullet Casting, NRA, Reloading Mentors North America

Offline westonfire22

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 09:03:12 PM »
Thank for all the replies.

Bruce