< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Clock Ticking on CHP Application.  (Read 4551 times)

Offline skydve76

• Powder Benefactor
Re: Clock Ticking on CHP Application.
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2011, 07:46:01 PM »
What makes is worse is Applied on the 28th, a friday, later in the day.  They didn't process it until the 1st, skipping the weekend.  Plus presidents day..

Should be 33 days.  Laxy Ace, found when you said you applied, yours may of been 33 days as you fell on a friday, probably not processed until Monday.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 07:49:15 PM by skydve76 »

Offline skydve76

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2011, 01:38:57 PM »
GOT IT.  30 Days EXACTLY if you take out president's day.

THAT HURT.

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2011, 05:09:44 PM »
GOT IT.  30 Days EXACTLY if you take out president's day.

THAT HURT.

Congrats sky... If you thought that little wait was unbearable, for the sake of your sanity, I hope you never get bit by the NFA bug.  ;)
"I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert Heinlein

Offline Randy

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • "Liberty or Death"---------"Don't Tread on Me!"
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2011, 05:15:43 PM »
Glad you have received your permit.

Most of us had to wait two months plus to get our permits during the first two years of the NE Handgun Permit Act. Due to Legislative revisions to the act with NFOA leading the charge it is a much shorter time frame to apply and receive your CCW permit.
Let us never forget 9.11.01
 "She Never Begins An Attack, Nor When Once Engaged, Ever Surrenders:"
An American Guesser Oct.3, 1775

Offline Eagle1

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2011, 06:33:41 PM »
Today is day #20. GOT IT!  8)
Thats right 20 days! ;D
Got the envelope and figured it had to be a hang-up or rejection letter.
Well off to Wally World.
USN 83-87, American Legion

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2011, 06:36:21 PM »
Congrats sky... If you thought that little wait was unbearable, for the sake of your sanity, I hope you never get bit by the NFA bug.  ;)

I've got it bad...waiting for a stamp and waiting for my CHP at the same time.  I'm wearing out the door on my mailbox from checking.

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2011, 09:43:59 PM »

I've got it bad...waiting for a stamp and waiting for my CHP at the same time.  I'm wearing out the door on my mailbox from checking.

Ugh... I feel your pain Brian. Approaching 4 months on my stamp. It's maddening. Any day now...
"I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert Heinlein

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2011, 09:54:15 PM »
Ugh... I feel your pain Brian. Approaching 4 months on my stamp. It's maddening. Any day now...

4 months??????? Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh, great....... Sent in the app for my SBR just a couple weeks ago

Offline Ross Berck

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2011, 08:45:10 AM »
I used to be 07/02 Sot holder and having waited on many NFA transfers over the years, Ive found that waiting for other things no longer bothers me.  I was just about to cancel my 2002 order(with deposit)of a shrike order when I did one last google and found out they were delivering them to some of my aug 2002 brethren.  I few phone calls later and I have a ups delivery from ares showing up on thursday(the invoice and manual)...thats a eight and a half year wait, 40 days is nothing...  I just got my utah permit back yesterday, they charged my credit card on 1-27-11 and I got it yesterday 3-15-11...my nebraska permit took around 30days if I remember right....(i do realize that waiting for something that ALLOWS you to practice your Constitutional right is way more important than a belt fed upper,nfa etc....)

Offline justsomeguy

• Defender of the Constitution
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2011, 09:01:05 AM »
thats a eight and a half year wait

You sir, are a patient man! :o

I bet it'll be worth the wait. 8)
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit. The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are." - Marcus Aurelius

Offline Flare

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2011, 08:57:51 AM »
Just an FYI.  If you plan on applying in Grand Island they require an appointment and only do it on Wednesdays.  I called for an appointment on March 7th and the earliest appointment was March 30.  I applied in Lincoln on Friday since I was heading there anyway.  Now time to start on the Utah application process.

Offline skydve76

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2011, 04:51:34 PM »
BTW, my wife applied in Omaha on 3/2/2011.  She had to wait in line.  Further, they didn't cash the check until the 7th.  I'm not sure if they just make bank runs every now and then or if this shows some type of backup.  The admin person at the desk mentioned there was a sudden rush of CHP applications all the sudden.

When I applied in Feb, my check was cashed immediately.

Hoping she gets hers early April.

Offline Flare

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2011, 03:11:33 PM »
The guy in Lincoln that did mine said they process them for the whole state there and some of the offices let them/ stack up before they send them in.