< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Update on Mississippi Honoring Nebraska Updated 2/10/11  (Read 1491 times)

Offline GarySlider

• Forum Member
Update on Mississippi Honoring Nebraska Updated 2/10/11
« on: January 22, 2011, 10:07:27 AM »
Updated 2/10/11

I have finally gotten results from the Nebraska State Police. They have done what I thought they would do. They removed the entire list of states they have listed that honor an NE permit/license. Third state to do that to me when I brought it to their attention that they had an error. You can see the NE State Police new listing at
http://statepatrol.nebraska.gov/docs/CCWNebraskaReciprocity.pdf

Nebraska didn't have an agreement with Mississippi. Mississippi law is very plain. If you don't honor ours we will not honor yours. NE would not honor a MS permit/license. The one thing they removed I really like is the date it was last updated. It was dated Oct 10
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 05:26:19 PM by GarySlider »

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Update on Mississippi Honoring Nebraska
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 02:54:37 PM »
Thanks Gary
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Wymore Wrangler

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 10:34:00 PM »
Gary, have you thought about contacting the MS Governors office with your facts, if a State looks bad because of simple administration procedures, Governor tends to order corrections immediately...

Offline GarySlider

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 11:00:50 PM »
I am not sure who is in error. Attached is the letter that NE emailed me when I ask to see the agreement they signed with Mississippi. This letter does not show that MS would honor a NE permit/license. It shows that MS was asking NE what they had to do to get NE to honor their permit/license. There may be other paperwork that does establish that MS will honor and NE permit/license and I can't just go on what i have so far. I need more information. As for VA I have people working on that end who have a lot more important contacts in Virginia Government than I would ever think of having. Then MS is saying they have an agreement with PA which PA says they don't. The one thing I know for sure is I don't want to cause waves unless I have facts to back them up with. That will get me and everyone else no where.

NE has been advised that MS will not honor them. MS has been advised that both NE and VA on their official websites are saying MS will honor them. VA has been advised that MS states there is no agreement with them. PA has been informed that MS is stating they have an agreement with them when they don't have it on their official website. MS has been informed that PA does not have their so called agreement listed on the PA Official Website. Like I said earlier government moves slowly so we have to give them some time. Around Feb 1 if I have not heard back from all parties I will contact them again. It is a waiting game right now.

Offline DaveB

• NFOA Full Member
  • Future lottery winner!
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 11:07:37 PM »
Thanks Gary, this has to be a nightmare for you as I know you want to have everything right on your site. Wouldn't it just be nice if they could all play together?

Offline Wilson

• NFOA Full Member
  • Not as lean...Not as mean...Still a Marine!
Update on South Carolina Honoring Nebraska?
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 08:14:07 AM »
How would I find out about where we are with South Carolina? I heard once a year ago that we were getting close but I keep watching and waiting.

Happy Snow removal day!

Offline GarySlider

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 08:38:17 AM »
Your best bet is to contact the Attorney General in Nebraska. NE law states:
On August 30, 2009, Nebraska began recognizing CCW permits issued by those states which the Nebraska Attorney General has determined have standards equal to or greater than Nebraska.

So the NE AG Must determine if SC meets NE requirements. Then SC must be contacted and then SC must see if NE meets SC's requirements. I will tell you that SC has one man in SLED who works on reciprocity and he does it part time or I should say when he gets the time. But your AG is where you want to start. Get them to check out SC and then contact them asking for Reciprocity. Then it will be up to SC if they will honor an NE permit/license. For what SC requires to get a permit/license they meet about all other states requirements. It is the other states that don't meet SC's requirements.

Offline GarySlider

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 10:32:26 AM »
I have heard back from the PA AG on the question I ask them about Mississippi and PA Reciprocity. They didn't answer my question but they are aware of it and I believe they will be contacting Mississippi about it. Again Government moves slowly.
Start......
Mr. Slider,

Thank you for contacting the PA Office of Attorney General.

We are in the process of an annual survey of all firearms reciprocity agreements involving Pennsylvania.  Updated information will be posted on the Attorney General's website when that survey is complete.    END................

I wish I had more info on this but will post something when I receive it.

Offline GarySlider

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2011, 01:21:18 PM »
I received the following from the VCDL. I knew they would get something going.

Email Received:
Breaking News:

The Virginia State Police has CONFIRMED with the Mississippi Highway Patrol that Mississippi DOES HONOR Virginia CHPs.

Virginia continues to honor Mississippi CHPs.

Many thanks to Tom Lambert with the Virginia State Police for staying on top of this important issue and getting us a definitive answer.

Virginia is following up with Mississippi to get the Mississippi website updated to show Virginia as a reciprocal state.

In the meantime if you have any problems carrying in Mississippi, tell them to talk to Major Jason Jennings with the MS Highway Patrol.

END..............................

So maybe this will get Mississippi moving on what they are saying about NE and PA. Again will just have to wait and see.