< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Nebraska CCW renewal  (Read 2069 times)

Offline ghknives

• Gun Show Volunteer NRA Life member
  • Powder Benefactor
Nebraska CCW renewal
« on: January 26, 2011, 11:56:14 AM »
Has any one been through the renewal process? If so, how did it go and how long before you had the new permit?
I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I only love that which they defend.        J.R.R. Tolkein

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Nebraska CCW renewal
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 12:06:35 PM »
No one is due for renewal yet for at least several months. I think you can renew as early as 6 months before the due date, but if you do it that soon you will loose 6 months of valid permit use. I plan to wait until Nov 2011 to renew a January  expiration date
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 12:07:26 PM »
Yep, January 2012 will be the first expirations.

Offline armed and humorous

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 01:43:22 PM »
The State Patrol web site says the renewal period begins four months prior to expiration of your current permit.  For those of you in Lincoln, or headed to Lincoln to renew, the office has moved from downtown to 3800 N.W. 12th St. ? Suite A out near the airport.  I don't know for sure how they are going to work the renewals as far as numbering the permits.  I'm hoping that when I renew in January (I'll probably apply earlier) I'll get the same number (00001) with only the first part changed to reflect the year.
Gun related issues are, by nature, deadly serious.  Still, you have to maintain a sense of humor about them.