< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Where to shoot shotgun  (Read 1767 times)

Offline 1901

• Forum Member
Where to shoot shotgun
« on: February 05, 2011, 02:20:57 PM »
I recently purchased a tactical style shotgun mainly for home defense.  I've been having a hard time trying to find somewhere to shoot it; most of the ranges I've found are pistol and rifle only.  I don't really need a trap/skeet range, as I just want to do some general target shooting (or something along the lines of practice for home defense).  Doesn't have to be anything fancy, just something relatively close the Omaha area.

I'm not new to guns, but I don't shoot terribly frequently, so I'm a bit out of touch with what exists in the Omaha area for ranges and facilities.  I spent a little while searching the forums but didn't find anything beyond what I already know of.

Any advice or input is welcome!  Thanks in advance!

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: Where to shoot shotgun
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 03:06:31 PM »
You should be able to shoot that at the Bullet Hole.  Not sure what ammo restrictions they have though.  You may be limited to bird shot, but that shouldn't matter and it's cheaper anyway.

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 05:27:11 PM »
Got any friends who are members at the Eastern Nebraska Gun Club?

www.engc.us
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 08:57:52 PM »
Yup.  I was going to mention the ENGC.

Offline FredG

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 03:57:24 PM »
I shoot my Mossberg at the Bullet Hole and shoot 00 buck shot there

Offline 1901

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 12:05:59 PM »
Thanks for the info everyone!  I wasn't aware the Bullet Hole allowed shotguns.

I don't know anyone that belongs to engc.  I was thinking of joining so I could use the range facilities, but I'm not sure really sure how much I'd use it.

Someone was telling me about a little range in Wahoo by the fairgrounds.  Is anyone familiar with this place?  Sounded very small, but that doesn't really matter to me.

Thanks again.

Offline skydve76

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 10:44:21 PM »
Only in Nebraska, where 90% of the land is unoccupied, is there no where to shoot a gun.  Explain that to me.

Offline Wymore Wrangler

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 10:23:55 AM »
might need a attitude check on asking land owners, I live in a rural area and have no problems finding places to shoot....  But most of the landowners are my friends also...

Offline skydve76

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 02:17:23 PM »
I disagree.  Last year I called several land owners, not to shoot guns, but to ask if they would interested in letting me fly a quiet electric radio control plane.

The first guy told me "he would shoot me and my plane" if he caught me on his land.  I then told him in Nebraska you can't protect your property with deadly force.  To which he replied "Try telling that to the cops when you're dead".

:)

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2011, 04:45:19 PM »
You can thank all the trespassers that came onto his land in previous years for the reception you got. Hard to get past the feeling you get from people tearing up your fields. 

Off topic:  If you are in Omaha, they fly planes a lot at Standing Bear Lake south side of the lake.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline Ross Berck

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2011, 03:24:03 PM »
I have a decent place to shoot close to shelby ne

Offline Burnsy87

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2011, 09:37:56 PM »
You can thank all the trespassers that came onto his land in previous years for the reception you got. Hard to get past the feeling you get from people tearing up your fields. 

Off topic:  If you are in Omaha, they fly planes a lot at Standing Bear Lake south side of the lake.

I live about a mile away from Standing Bear, loved riding my bike up there as a kid and watching the planes.  Omahawks or whatever their name is was always very friendly to us curious kids.

Offline skydve76

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2011, 10:28:22 PM »
Standing is a horrible place to fly for many reasons, further its nearly 30 minutes from me, which is a bit far. 

I digress the subject, but simply wanted to point my experience, and not sure if they would be more perceptive to me shooting than flying or not.