< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: What 'guns' would the founders ban?  (Read 1043 times)

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
What 'guns' would the founders ban?
« on: February 06, 2011, 01:46:27 PM »
From Bob of Pajamas Media (writes articles for Confederate Yankee. :

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/what-guns-would-the-founders-ban/

Great thoughts and good discussion after.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: What 'guns' would the founders ban?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 03:05:57 PM »
From the article

It is only logical that, to remain the nation the founders intended us to be, ?we the people? should be armed and equipped similarly to our professional soldiers. The founders would approve of the citizenry and the military being armed with small arms that use the same ammunition, magazines, and optics as those used by our military professionals.

Doubtless, the modern civilian AR-15 rifle and its variants are the modern ?militia guns? the founders would approve of today. These semi-automatic firearms, which best accord with the militia function the founders recognized, must be regarded as the contemporary firearm best protected by the Second Amendment as written and conceived.

I agree 100%
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 04:03:46 PM »
None. 

Instead, they would be shouting, "My God people, have you learned nothing from history?"
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

A-FIXER

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 05:46:33 PM »
It is the armed citizen that holds the line when the police run away and the National Guard fails. It is the militia that overthrows tyranny. Sadly, it is also a fact that the lack of a properly armed citizenry has allowed tyranny to sometimes prevail.

To me it is this thought of the writer is why none, nor should there be limits to the ingenuity of the citizen who would create the platform for self preservation in any manner to acheive this result

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 09:40:14 PM »
"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
? John Adams

Offline RedDot

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 06:14:49 PM »
"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
? John Adams

I'm gonna make a wild guess and say John's probably a little bit disappointed...

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 07:19:39 PM »
? John Adams

I'm gonna make a wild guess and say John's probably a little bit disappointed...

Ya Think?
As I say: when one sits back and think about everything the previous generations did for this country, it's a damned shame we are in the conditions we're in these days. 
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 07:23:17 PM by NE Bull »
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

A-FIXER

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 08:26:51 PM »
yup.