< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: CCW permit application question.  (Read 900 times)

Offline Eagle1

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
CCW permit application question.
« on: February 22, 2011, 09:40:26 PM »
Has anyone that has applied for a NE permit been told, or had your application held up, or denied because you provided an Original Copy of your birth certificate rather than a Certified copy of your birth certificate. The lady I talked to on the phone at CID today told me that the lawyer that process's them WILL NOT accept an Original Copy, it must be a Certified Copy.
Code states as fallows:

008.03 Citizenship ? Applicants are required to be citizens of the United States. Proof of citizenship can be an original or certified copy of a birth certificate showing birth in the United States, a copy of naturalization papers, a Certificate of Citizenship issued by the United States Immigration authorities, or a current or expired United States passport.

Guess who is going back tomorrow with this in hand.
USN 83-87, American Legion

Offline Mike M.

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: CCW permit application question.
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 09:48:27 PM »
Its been a couple of years but I think I gave the original and they made a copy of it and sent with the paperwork. Where did you go?  Good luck tomorrow.
Mike

USAF 82-88, American Legion, NFOA,  NRA

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
Re: CCW permit application question.
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 10:33:36 PM »
If you take the original, they photocopy it and write on it "certified copy" that is all they need.

Sounds like you got someone new on the phone, or someone who is not well informed