< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: LB 298  (Read 780 times)

Offline FredG

• NFOA Full Member
LB 298
« on: March 06, 2011, 11:47:37 AM »
Does anyone know off the top of their head where LB 298 stands now?  Any predections on it's passage this year?  thanks, Fred G

Just saw that AAllen posted an undate under 2011 legistation with info on this and other bills pending.  thanks
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 12:15:58 PM by FredG »

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: LB 298
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 12:40:14 PM »
Fred we must have been thinking of the same thing, hopefully our members can talk to their Senators and voice their opinions on these issues.  I'm hoping to have more info on LB 298 by the end of the week.  There is hope that the Judiciary will vote on the amendment and moving it forward this week (Wednesday most likely) so Senator Christensen can make it his priority bill for this session.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 03:05:11 PM »
Brad Ashford told me on lobby day that LB298 will be a priority bill, and I inferred form his statement that Sen. Christensen will be the one to prioritize it.

He also said they had too much work to do, :'( and that we should wait until next year for LB 88 and LB 138 to be moved together with LB518 in a fix up bill.

I said that our membership will not sit still for that, and we would be hammering his email and phone lines until it gets done >:D

SO LET'S MAKE IT HAPPEN
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 06:09:39 PM »
last week or  two, i emailed a few of the members on the judiciary committee and my senator, but i have yet to receive any replies.  hopefully they are pushing for LB298.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official