< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: The ultimate in luxury survival bunkers  (Read 6325 times)

Offline Bill

• NFOA Full Member
The ultimate in luxury survival bunkers
« on: March 23, 2011, 04:19:44 PM »
http://money.cnn.com/2011/03/22/real_estate/doomsday_bunkers/index.htm?hpt=C2

http://www.terravivos.com/secure/nebraska.htm

I just can't credit that someone is actually building this.  It just screams "SCAM" to me, but maybe someone here has seen or heard something to corroborate their claims.

Offline Clint

• NFOA Full Member
Re: The ultimate in luxury survival bunkers
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 04:48:07 PM »
A project like that would take a LOT of men, machines, and material. They couldn't keep the location a secret for too long. Amazing concept, though. Looking at the drawings, I wonder if 25K per person would be enough to build it?

I wonder how the property tax would be handled? I don't think you are taxed on anything except areas that have a roof over it?

Offline 20nickels

• NFOA Full Member
  • I've got your back
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 05:34:29 PM »
I'll buy a donut for whomever finds the location.  ;D
~1522~    In an effort to reduce the continuing fear surrounding the black magic of guns and black powder, a Bavarian necromancer states that rifles are more accurate than smoothbores because the spinning bullet doesn't allow a demon to gain purchase upon it.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 05:57:02 PM »
For that kind of price tag it had better have internet access so I can spend my year underground surfing Arfcom and the NFOA forum.

Offline Ghost

• Steel Benefactor
  • NRA Life Member - 1972
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 07:31:55 PM »

I'll throw in a second donut to go along with 20nickels.  If this thing is in Nebraska, one of us ought to be able to spot it.
A well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free State......George Mason

Offline kozball

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 07:57:57 PM »
hmmmm...

Anyone seen Ted Turner lately? He owns about all of Cherry County and some other ranchland in North Central NE.
\"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn\'t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.\"

Ronald Reagan

Offline Clint

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 08:04:09 PM »
^I'm not sure I'd want to be locked up in there with Ted Turner for very damn long! :)

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 09:08:06 PM »
i just added them as friend on facebook.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2011, 11:08:47 PM »
Wait a minute.  This doesn't look too bad.  This picture from their website looks like they have gun safes.

Fly

[attachment deleted by admin]
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2011, 11:24:00 PM »
So after the world nearly comes to an end, the people selling these doomsday Vivos products are going to do what exactly with the riches they have amassed?  Unless they are going to invest all their earnings in the currency which will exist in such a future (water, food, and fuel), then their stocks, bonds, and paper currency won't do them much good.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline 20nickels

• NFOA Full Member
  • I've got your back
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2011, 10:15:29 AM »
hmmmm...

Anyone seen Ted Turner lately? He owns about all of Cherry County and some other ranchland in North Central NE.

That freakshow came to mind when I 1st saw this. 

Clint, I think I'd rather be irradiated to death than spend a day with Ted.  I do see they have jails though....
~1522~    In an effort to reduce the continuing fear surrounding the black magic of guns and black powder, a Bavarian necromancer states that rifles are more accurate than smoothbores because the spinning bullet doesn't allow a demon to gain purchase upon it.

Offline 20nickels

• NFOA Full Member
  • I've got your back
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2011, 10:20:20 AM »
As an afterthought, If they have jails they must have some sort of justice system.  Does the local Sheriff have a spot reserved or do they just find him post apocolyptic incident and file any reports?

Offline kozball

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2011, 01:21:37 PM »
If Ted was involved, the most frightening thing in the whole senario would be if he kept a spot for his old flame..........

Jane Fonda. ouch  :o

remember "China Syndrom"?
\"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn\'t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.\"

Ronald Reagan

Offline metaldoc

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2011, 08:38:16 PM »
Well, you can take a video tour... here ya go...

Offline Ghost

• Steel Benefactor
  • NRA Life Member - 1972
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2011, 04:53:37 PM »

This place is supposed to still be under construction, so how is it we can take a video tour?  BTW, that automated blast door looked like it had been hanging there for a while.   ???
A well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free State......George Mason

Offline ghknives

• Gun Show Volunteer NRA Life member
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2011, 06:17:15 PM »
I agree Ghost. Some of this stuff looks like it's been there a while. I wonder if this is one of the underground military instalations in the Kimbal - Sidney - Peetz,Co. area that are being fazed out and sold to the public
I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I only love that which they defend.        J.R.R. Tolkein

Offline MikeF72

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2011, 10:35:54 PM »
I just checked out the video.  An "end-of-the-world, fully self-contained survival shelter."  Wow - who would have thunk it.  20 years in the Air Force and we just called them "missile silos."
All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife. - Daniel Boone

Offline Bigtony

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2011, 09:03:27 PM »
Through the grapevine I hear it is somewhere around Atkinson NE.

Offline Hardwood83

• Powder Benefactor
  • Molon Labe
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2011, 12:05:20 PM »
Would be interesting to find out where it's located & who is funding it.

My primary question is how do you get there during 'the crisis'? Unless you are pretty close (and obviously not that many are in rural Nebraska) how do you get there in a timely fashion whilest the nuclear/astronomical/civil unrest is unfolding? Very impractical unless you relocate, IMO. TEOTWAWKI probably won't give much advance warning.

I don't buy any of the Mayan/Niburu/Nuclear holocaust stuff but if I did I definitely want some input into who the other 949 'survivors' are that will repopulate the earth. Having an extra $50k doesn't mean you are in the deep end of the gene pool.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

Offline DaveB

• NFOA Full Member
  • Future lottery winner!
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2011, 03:08:12 PM »
http://www.onenewsnow.com/Business/Default.aspx?id=1016928

The first one is being being built now. It is in the Mojave desert.

Vivos owner Robert Vicino reports that deposits for about half of the 132 places have already been made on the complex in Barstow, the first of many safe-havens being built by the company. Reservations for a bunker in the complex cost $50,000 for adults and $25,000 for children, and the project is set for completion in the fall.