< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Got my stamp!  (Read 5198 times)

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
Re: Got my stamp!
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2011, 08:09:41 PM »
Well, the new gun is having some problems.  It's not ejecting rounds properly.  All the rounds extract fully from the chamber, but about 1 out of every 5 fail to eject and end up staying in the ejection port.  At first I thought maybe it was a gas system problem and I might have to enlarge the gas port, but I tested it by loading 1 round in the mag and firing.  It locked the bolt back on the empty mag each time I tried that, and that's supposed to be a good indication that the gas system is ok and you're not short stroking.

The ejector seems like it has plenty of tension, so I'm actually wondering if it's a problem with the extractor.  Compared to the BCM bolt in my other AR, this extractor seems like it has a lot less tension.  My theory is that the extractor isn't holding on to the case rim tight enough, and it's falling off the bolt before the ejector has a chance to fling it out of the port.  I just ordered an extractor spring upgrade kit from BCM, so hopefully that will take care of it.

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2011, 01:56:13 AM »
CLEO signoff in Omaha is not a problem, no reason to set up a trust unless you have a reason.
Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2011, 05:14:36 PM »
[...] no reason to set up a trust unless you have a reason.

For example, if you wanted it to be legal for both you and your spouse to possess the item(s) independently as trustees - because it wouldn't be legal for your wife to possess (e.g. take the item to the range) without you if it was in your name individually. 
"I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert Heinlein

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2011, 06:10:58 PM »
For example, if you wanted it to be legal for both you and your spouse to possess the item(s) independently as trustees - because it wouldn't be legal for your wife to possess (e.g. take the item to the range) without you if it was in your name individually. 

My wife keeps saying "I own an NFA item!" and I keep telling her, "no, the TRUST owns an NFA item."
 ;D

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2011, 08:55:46 PM »
Ok, got all the kinks worked out and it's running well now.  I replaced the extractor spring with a BCM upgrade kit and that solved my ejection problems.  The extractor wasn't holding tight enough to the rim for the ejector to pop it out of the port.  After fixing that I started noticing problems where the bolt sometimes wouldn't strip the next round from the mag.  I did some research and found out that the C-Products 6.8 mags are crap.  You have to tweak the lips on them to get them to feed right.  After bending the lips up it runs correctly now.  I'm going to buy some quality mags and save the C-Products for range use only.  Unfortunately the best 6.8 mags are from PRI and run about $40.  D&H is supposed to be coming out with some in the next few weeks so I'll wait for them.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 09:05:05 PM by bkoenig »

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2011, 05:06:28 PM »
Got my SBR stamp today. mailed it in on Feb 22nd, received it back two weeks ago so I could cross off one little thing, and now the final came back today.

Too bad I don't have my upper/barrel assembly yet. Spikes Tactical is pitiful.......... Pretty sad when the ATF is faster than a manufacturer.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2011, 07:29:30 PM »
pics or it didn't happen.   :)

im still waiting for the Serbu.....   :'(
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2011, 08:38:52 PM »
Got my SBR stamp today. mailed it in on Feb 22nd, received it back two weeks ago so I could cross off one little thing, and now the final came back today.!
So you're saying you're now officially into the hobby of stamp collecting - of the $200 flavor?  :P
"I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert Heinlein