< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Big Bore single shot match at Lincoln Ikes  (Read 1000 times)

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
Big Bore single shot match at Lincoln Ikes
« on: April 02, 2011, 07:27:34 AM »
Tomorrow at 8:00 AM is the first Big Bore match of the year at the Lincoln Ikes.  Rifles must be at least .32 caliber single shots.  Scopes or iron sights, black or smokeless powder.  Cast lead bullets only, with plain base (no gas check).  If you show up a little early we'll help you get your sight settings for 200 and 300 yards.  The 200 yard chicken is shot offhand, everything else is shot seated or prone from cross sticks.  If you have a big bore single shot rifle (or *cough* Wesley *cough* someone has been trying to convince you to get one) you should check it out.  The smell of black powder and the sound of steel ringing down range is a blast.

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
Re: Big Bore single shot match at Lincoln Ikes
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 10:26:17 AM »
I have no idea what you're talking about... Though I have a feeling you're trying to infect me with your CFP (compulsive firearm purchasing) addiction!  :P

Actually, we're out of town this weekend, so I can't make it down.  :(
"I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert Heinlein

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
Re: Big Bore single shot match at Lincoln Ikes
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 01:29:32 PM »
Well, I ended up not making it either.  Nasty head cold kept me up all night.  Maybe I should have gone, the smell of burning sulfur might have cleared my sinuses.