< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: LCP cleaning  (Read 1632 times)

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
LCP cleaning
« on: April 12, 2011, 12:07:14 PM »
A friend's mom carries an LCP in her purse.  Sadly, the other day she managed to dump an entire diet coke into her purse, soaking EVERYTHING, including the LCP.

I'm unsure exactly how drenched the LCP got, but I've given her some standard cleaning suggestions and an apparently decent complete disassembly video from youtube:

----

Is having her follow these instructions such a great idea ? Seems to be a fair amount of careful work by steady hands.  I dunno exactly *how* soaked the weapon got, but given that this is her carry weapon, I would insist on a complete cleaning personally.

Would just telling her to take it to a gunsmith for a thorough cleaning be wiser ?
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
Re: LCP cleaning
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 12:23:27 PM »
The Diet Coke probably did the trick.  Wipe it off, replace the ammo, and live with it.

Offline Bill

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 12:24:56 PM »
I'm not a gunsmith, but if it was mine I'd just clean it thoroughly, lube, and shoot.  Then evaluate performance.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 03:20:01 PM »
... and if that doesn't give the desired effect, spray the whole thing down with a can of Gun Scrubber's "Synthetic Safe" Gun Cleaner.

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.