< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: First Rock Your Glock outdoor match this Saturday...  (Read 1726 times)

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
First Rock Your Glock outdoor match this Saturday...
« on: April 14, 2011, 06:54:09 PM »
In case you haven't heard, Zeeb's Rock-Your-Glock match starts up this Saturday.  (And no, you don't need a Glock to actually shoot it.) 

http://rockyourglock.tripod.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rock-Your-Glock-pistol-Matches/183933814975481 
(if you happen to have Facebook)

It is a good time, folks.  And it is an EXCELLENT way to start people off if they are interested in competition shooting.  No movement, no reloading on the clock, and no drawing from the holster.  Keeps straight to the basics---when the buzzer sounds, shoot accurately and quickly on a range of targets set up on three different stages. 

As long as you can handle a handgun safely, you can do it.  A good time for everyone from novice shooters to experienced competitors. 

First 2011 match is this Saturday the 16th--show up any time between 8am and 12noon to register and shoot.

(And no, Zeeb doesn't pay me to write this.  :) )  If you heard about it here, say hi when you show up---I'll probably be an RO on one of the stages somewhere.  (Probably on the M stage.)
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
Re: First Rock Your Glock outdoor match this Saturday...
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 07:12:29 PM »
+1
It's a good time for all levels of competitors.  And equipment is pretty much run what ya brung.  Then learn what you 'need'.
I just left Thunder Alley, had to dust of the equipment as I hadn't really shot all winter.
I'm looking foward to Saturday and we are bringing a handfull of folks from work with us.
β€œIt is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline sparky0068

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 07:56:25 PM »
I'm ready for this, I hope.
KD0LKT

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 08:04:27 PM »
I am There!
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Ronvandyn

• Pollywog
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 11:22:11 AM »
Wish I could be there, but alas someone must guard the skies against all them terrorists and water toting thugs.

Ron

NE-CHP Holder, USAF Veteran, NRA Member,  ENGC Member
KC0MXX

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2011, 07:26:27 PM »
But, as usual I was not all there...shot poorly once again :'(
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline bbtech

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 06:45:19 AM »
A fun day. The weather cleared and it wasn't too cold. The only downside was that my shooting was horrible. I'll get em next time.

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2011, 08:13:43 AM »
Thanks everyone for coming out to help with and support this match!!! It has grown to a pretty large event.

I apologize again for the massive delays yesterday, our hands were tied. We lost our third range due to flooding and mud, so that REALLY slowed things down

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2011, 08:56:39 AM »
It was good to shoot RYG again.  I hadn't made it down for the last year or two.  But I made a vow to shoot more competition this year in an attempt to push myself.   If the ego gets bruised, it gets bruised.

As always, a great bunch o' people to hang out with and shoot the breeze. 

I had one round with a high primer which cost me some time on one stage.  I have fired my reloading crew.   I just can't believe anyone would have trouble operating something as simple as a Dillon SDB.   :)
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2011, 12:32:57 PM »
I have to agree I had a good time.  This is one of my attempts to get more time with my gun and improve my shooting.  Learned some things that I did not realize in previous shooting about where I'm actually hitting with my .45 and looking at ways to improve.  Darn plate rack.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2011, 04:17:03 PM »
Is there another one in May?  I wanted to shoot it but I think my wife would have skinned me alive if I shot both that and 3 gun on Sunday.

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2011, 05:12:53 PM »