< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: New Life Church, 1 year later.....  (Read 1860 times)

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
New Life Church, 1 year later.....
« on: December 21, 2008, 10:17:56 PM »

http://www.policeone.com/...lo-church-guard-reflects/

"Outgunned and stationed near the children, Assam stepped out from a doorway, confronted the gunman and then fired 10 shots from 63 feet away, hitting Murray once in the wrist and twice in a leg. Murray died in the hallway barely 40 feet from where he entered."

63 feet. Could you do it? Would you make the attempt?
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline Aldo

• Ever vigilant. Ever ready. Ever willing. www.everreadyccw.com
  • NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
Re: New Life Church, 1 year later.....
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 10:51:25 AM »
Excellent post!  Thought provoking because it is a real-life, true story...one that I think about EVERY Sunday when my family and I are attending church.

"Could you do it?": That's why I practice, so, yes.

"Would you make the attempt?": If it meant that I would be able to still see my family alive rather than reading about them in the obituary (or them reading about me in the obituary), then, yes.

BTW, where did the other 7 shots end up????  ???  I don't recall reading about any collateral damage.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 08:57:18 PM by Aldo »
www.everreadyccw.com
"Always remember that you are Americans, and it is your birthright to dream great dreams in this sweet and blessed land, truly the greatest, freest, strongest nation on Earth." -- Ronald Reagan

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 05:23:00 PM »
Holes in drywall/ door frame/ doors are pretty insignificant considering the guy had a rifle and hundreds of rounds of ammo and was headed into a crowded church........ in that situation, I'd have cared less if the other 7 rounds were stopped by a stack of Picassos or a pile of politicians.......... though I would like to think I'd do better than 30% hits.......
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline Rich B

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 04:46:12 PM »
To answer your questions, maybe and maybe.  :/
NRA Life Member.