< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Stevens 820B Slide lock spring  (Read 2136 times)

Offline merve276

• Forum Member
Stevens 820B Slide lock spring
« on: May 11, 2011, 08:44:43 PM »
Hello all,

A friend of mine bought a Stevens 820b Shotgun this fall.  The slide lock did not function but otherwise it fired fine.  Since I know a little more about firearms than he does, and am more inclined at fixing things with small parts he asked me if I could take a look at it.
I took it apart carefully and noticed that the lifter spring and the slide lock spring had no tension.  Looking the Numrich website, i saw the slide lock spring, but the lifter spring was out of stock.  I ended up finding a whole trigger unit on Gun Broker.  The slide lock spring in the replacement unit was just as bad as the original. :(  So I ordered one off of Numrich and did the swap.  Unfortunately whoever had the gun apart before me must have put it back together wrong and I didn't get the slide lock spring in correctly.(Installed the same as disassembled)  The new spring broke. :angry:
Now with the background out of the way, I was wondering if there was anyone in the Lincoln area that might have some experience with these old guns.  The so called schematic on Numrich is more of a parts identifier as it does not show how the pieces are supposed to go together.  The replacement trigger unit was no help as the slide lock lever was laying separate in the box.  If anyone has the knowledge, or an actual exploded diagram of an 820b they would be willing to share, I would greatly appreciate any help.  I have a new spring on the way(actually 2 in case I mess up again  8))

Thanks,

Mike