< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: What will you do?...  (Read 6117 times)

Offline TerryLane

• NFOA Full Member
Re: What will you do?...
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2011, 12:07:02 PM »
It's never too late to start preparing to take care of yourself and those you care about. All the skill sets and knowledge you can acquire now will add to your chances. Think long term though, if society breaks down nationally or world wide due to man made or natural events, it won't be fixed in months...think years or decades and plan accordingly. Take care.
Terry Lane
NRA Life
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Appointed Training Counselor
Nebraska Concealed Handgun Instructor

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2011, 02:00:38 PM »
Don't forget physical fitness.  A lot of people train and lay in supplies, but let themselves go physically.  Being in good shape makes it that much easier to deal with the strain of a crisis.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2011, 03:59:13 PM »
[
Don't forget physical fitness.  A lot of people train and lay in supplies, but let themselves go physically.  Being in good shape makes it that much easier to deal with the strain of a crisis.

OH Crap.  I'm a dead man!! :(
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2011, 08:29:15 PM »
Lemme know if you think I've lost it...
Naw, you haven't yet.  But if you haven't given One Second After or Patriots a read, you should - and then you'll be well on your way to losing it.  :laugh:
"I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert Heinlein

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2011, 06:47:42 PM »
My plan requires a silenced .22lr pistol and friends with an adequate supply.
Note to David: I do NOT have adequate supplies.

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2011, 01:23:10 AM »
Step #1 Prepare! 

Step #2 Survive!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 03:40:28 PM by NE Bull »
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2011, 12:01:35 PM »
I have a liberal friend or two who would absolutely fill their britches if they saw this photo.   :laugh:

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2011, 03:41:41 PM »
I have a liberal friend or two who would absolutely fill their britches if they saw this photo.   :laugh:

Fly

So probably would my ex-wife!!

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2011, 11:52:32 PM »
I didn't catch the zombie book the first time I looked at the photo.  Nice touch.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline 66bigblock

• Lead Benefactor
  • When SHTF, which side of the Fan will you be on?
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2011, 02:06:22 PM »
I have a liberal friend or two
Fly

Well, there is your first problem...   :o

66bigblock
I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.  I carry a lot of ammo because I cant run very fast.

Offline Hardwood83

• Powder Benefactor
  • Molon Labe
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2011, 02:43:41 PM »
having grown up in the mountains on the east coast, I'm with BK and Dan.  the collapse of modern society will simply be viewed by me as another fun challenge.

Surely you don't really mean that? I'm going to guess you don't have a family with young children, own a business or have ever been to a 3rd world nation. Modern society 'collapsing' will be horrific to a degree we can't truly imagine. Robbing, raping, pillaging, looting and murder on massive scale. Grandma dying pretty quickly without her meds is bad enough, but having millions starving and savaging one another to eke out existence isn't fun or challenging. It's a horror movie plot- and I hope that's where it stays. Doesn't mean you shouldn't make reasonable preparations, that is common sense. But wanting it to happen strikes me as poorly reasoned.

Not to be a downer- I fantasize about mowing down zombies with a belt-fed as much as the next gun nut....but I am confident that any societal collapse will be much more grim then anyone can accurately project. 
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud