< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Looking for some fine leather  (Read 1027 times)

Offline sparky

• NFOA Full Member
  • Site Sponsor
    • Midwest Leather Works
Looking for some fine leather
« on: May 23, 2011, 12:57:23 PM »
I have been considering purchasing some custom leather for sometime  and thought I would check with the great members here to see who would be recommended and who I should possibly stay away from.  I have used Tucker Gunleather in the past for my IWB needs but now I'm thinking about getting a nice matching stamped rig with belt, holster, and mag pouch.  I love his work but would be in for about $500 for this rig, while as beautiful as they are thats a lot of dough, and would take him a year to complete.  I have looked at the obvious names online but thought I would check who or what everyone else is wearing.

Feel free to move if posted in the wrong area.
www.midwestleatherworks.com
matt@midwestleatherworks.com

Offline johncavh

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Looking for some fine leather
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 07:51:52 PM »
nice leather comes at a price. look at mernickel  ;D

Offline sparky

• NFOA Full Member
  • Site Sponsor
    • Midwest Leather Works
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 01:02:50 PM »
Wow, I'm really surprised that nobody wants to share their good experiences and quality work.  I guess everyone must wear Kydex IWB.
www.midwestleatherworks.com
matt@midwestleatherworks.com

Offline skydve76

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 04:38:23 PM »
don hume products are great.

Offline penname

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 09:43:11 PM »
I've been using Milt Sparks since 1988. Started with the original Summer Special for a Glock 17 and used it for over 20 years. It finally started showing it's age, so I bought a Summer Special II (for Glock 23) last year, and was finally able to get a Versa Max II (for Glock 26) this year. Fantastic quality and they last almost forever. Admittedly a long waiting period, but if you have a Glock or 1911, SS II's are available from Brownells, and VM II's available from Top Gun Supply (both are authorized dealers).

I've tried Bianchi and Galco leather holsters, but for me nothing compares to Milt Sparks. Cheated with a C-Tac Kydex IWB for about six months, but the SS II and VM II ended that.

Now waiting for my VM II for my Springfield XD 9mm SC. Ordered in March so hopefully 4-5 more months...