< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Wally World Ammo Shortage?  (Read 1507 times)

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
Wally World Ammo Shortage?
« on: January 08, 2009, 12:46:15 AM »
I was in Denver over the Holidays, and went to Wal-Mart for pistol fodder.......  they were not only out of most pistol calibers (Everything but .40 S&W, .380 and .357 SIG, IIRC), but the guy behind the counter said that the Denver Wal-Mart distribution center/warehouse had none either, so the situation at all other Wally Worlds in the metro area would be the same.... so I went to Dick's down the road a bit...... pretty much the the same deal: I bought 3 of the last 5 boxes of 9mm they had.  No 38 specials, but I could drop like 30 bucks for a box of WWB .357 JHP...... and they only had 2......

The gun range I went to the next day had plenty of remanufactured range ammo (20% higher than similar stuff at TBH in LaVista!), but precious little Name brand stuff.

When I got back home, I checked out the Wally World in Bellvue....... they were also pretty low on 9's and .38's..... none of the former in FMJ (both WWB and UMC were gone), and ONE WWB bulk pack of the latter, and it was tucked away under the counter, like some employee was squirreling it away for himself........ Again, plenty of .40's, .380, even .25 auto.  There was plenty of .45ACP in the Bellevue store, for $27 a box of 50......

Anybody else notice this?
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline Ram Ringer

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Wally World Ammo Shortage?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 07:32:26 AM »
Jim,

I have noticed this also.  Scheels in Lincoln, and cabelas also seems to low on factory 9mm anyway.
"The Most Important Political Office Is That Of The Private Citizen"  Louis Brandeis

Offline Jesse T

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • XD Shooter
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 08:11:22 AM »
Was at scheels lincoln last night, they had quite an amount of practice 9mm ammo in stock. Nowhere near the gobs of .40 they had lying around though.  No 9mm defense ammo really.  They also had 6 boxes of AE 5.56x45 at 9 bucks a box.  And some sort of bulk .223 ammo at $209/500rnd
N0ZXR

Offline Cathy1911

• Past Director- Secretary
  • NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 11:15:59 AM »
I routinely wipe out the .45 Blazer Brass inventory at several of the local WallyWorld's.  Last time I hit the one off the Irvington 680 exit, they were out.  The clerk said, "This tall guy who buys a lot of .45 here just beat you to it."

So I happen to talk to my SO, who says, "I just cleaned WallyWorld out of .45 Blazer."  You think he'd share . . .

Cabela's said they're having trouble keeping SD ammo in stock.  They recommended ordering online and picking it up at the store.  No shipping charges that way.

tonopah

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 03:48:32 PM »
The walmart in North Platte has just been restocked

Offline kingtut

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 08:03:15 PM »
Yeah, the handgun ammo especially has been going fast. One guy at Yorks bought 52 100 round wwb valu-packs of 9mm within 3 weeks. Thats around $1,000.