< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: NFA seems pretty dumb to me  (Read 1560 times)

Offline oldbikewrench

• NFOA Full Member
NFA seems pretty dumb to me
« on: January 11, 2009, 06:51:35 PM »
For the first time ever I checked out the NFA's. O.K. so poison gas weapons, RPG's, mortars etc... might not be bad things to keep regulated. But come on. Just because a firearm has a certain sized bore and is not considered to be for sporting purposes/use (full auto, burst, lenght of barrel/overall lenght) it must be regulated/registered. Thats just... well it does not make much sense to me. I mean what exactly are they (the Feds) saying that the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution means???
How do we get these Acts repealed or very modified? 
“Kid don’t quit talkin’ so much he’ll get his tongue sunburned”
Foghorn Leghorn

Hatchet1961

Re: NFA seems pretty dumb to me
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 11:12:34 PM »
Thats just... well it does not make much sense to me. I mean what exactly are they (the Feds) saying that the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution means???
How do we get these Acts repealed or very modified? 

Money, seems to be the only answer that works.
The United States in which firearms helped form this great country is just about the last country without very stringent gun laws. I do not think they will get our firearms easily. The Civil War may look tame if attempted.

Offline schoolcop

• Forum Member
Re: NFA seems pretty dumb to me
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 03:15:29 PM »
I think the firearms laws in existence are here to stay, sad to say. And if half the country keeps voting for liberal gun grabbers you can say goodbye to all firearms. We would probably be left with single shot rifles of acceptable calibers and shotguns. Handguns of any type and semi-auto rifles will be a thing of the past.