< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Pre-emption already in place???  (Read 3099 times)

Offline Jesse T

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • XD Shooter
Pre-emption already in place???
« on: January 14, 2009, 11:17:50 AM »
http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=2798&u_sid=10537680

"LINCOLN (AP) ? Nebraska cities aren?t allowed to trump state law and ban the carrying of concealed weapons."

AG Jon Bruning may have done us all a favor unknowingly!  Can we use this to push those 13 cities to get the bans taken off the books?
N0ZXR

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Pre-emption already in place???
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 08:57:26 PM »
Fantastic news! 

I wonder if we can still get a reciprocity bill introduced?
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Aldo

• Ever vigilant. Ever ready. Ever willing. www.everreadyccw.com
  • NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 07:22:41 PM »
I think that I'll make copies of that article and put them in my truck and my wallet to serve as a resource should there ever be an "issue" when a resource might be needed to help clarify the situation.  ;)
www.everreadyccw.com
"Always remember that you are Americans, and it is your birthright to dream great dreams in this sweet and blessed land, truly the greatest, freest, strongest nation on Earth." -- Ronald Reagan

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 05:26:07 PM »
As I have said elsewhere, these local POLITICAL SUBDIVISIONS ignore the State Constitution...... what the hell do they care what the AG thinks?
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline Jesse T

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • XD Shooter
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 04:10:31 PM »
Jim, I don't think it will affect the cops decision when he stops you to check out your gun or for speeding or whatever.  However it is a good tool to help convince those cities who have banned concealed carry to get it off their books or add an exemption for CCW holders.
N0ZXR