< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Grand Island question  (Read 1448 times)

Offline Jay

• NFOA Co-Founder
Grand Island question
« on: January 16, 2009, 10:07:28 AM »
Kim and I are thinking about heading out to the Monster Truck show in Grand Island. Does anyone know if the Heartland Events Center is posted or not? I see they have a no weapons policy on their website, but was just wondering if they are actually posted as no ccw. I would assume so, but just curious. Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 10:13:44 AM by Jay »

Offline Aldo

• Ever vigilant. Ever ready. Ever willing. www.everreadyccw.com
  • NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
Re: Grand Island question
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 04:51:46 PM »
Jay, I don't know about the Hearland Event Center, but last weekend I went with two of my sons to the Lancaster Event Center in Lincoln (to see "cage fighting", which was a trip just in itself....I think--hope--it convinced my eldest one to not get into that stuff), and the Center had BIG signs about not having guns--at all!

Talk about feeling naked (clarification: I did have clothes on, just no gun) with a bunch of folks drinking their brains out and screaming like maniacs and crazed lunatics!!  But nobody checked anyone at the doors, and just about all I could think about was wondering if law-abiding Aldo is without his piece, yet some nut-head out of his gourd could be carrying!!

Let us know what you find out in GI!
www.everreadyccw.com
"Always remember that you are Americans, and it is your birthright to dream great dreams in this sweet and blessed land, truly the greatest, freest, strongest nation on Earth." -- Ronald Reagan

Offline Rich B

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Grand Island question
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 04:36:16 PM »
Just to add some more semi-related info:  Grand Island (as a city) allows CCW and the Kearney Events Center (First Tier events center) prohibits firearms.

Also, is a monster truck rally an "athletic event"?  If it is, then it's off-limits:
http://www.nebraskalegislature.gov/laws/statutes.php?statute=s6924041000

I consider auto racing a sporting event and NASCAR, IRL, and F1 drivers to be athletes. 
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 04:39:05 PM by Rich B »
NRA Life Member.