< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Attorney General nominee Eric Holder on Banning "Assault Weapons"  (Read 2095 times)

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Check this link out.  !#@* I'm not happy with this one freakin bit. Even though I knew it was coming. The part about handguns is B.S. also. Watch his face and his actions. He's a liar plan and simple.

Attorney General nominee Eric Holder at his confirmation hearing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ebLFmI2f0Y&eurl=http://bulletins.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=bulletin.read&authorID=17927941&messageID=6299409078&MyTokeniurl=http://i2.ytimg.com/vi/9ebLFmI2f0Y/hqdefault.jpg&feature=player_embedded
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 10:18:08 PM by Dan W »
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Aldo

• Ever vigilant. Ever ready. Ever willing. www.everreadyccw.com
  • NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
Re: Attorney General nominee Eric Holder on Banning "Assault Weapons"
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 12:28:25 PM »
Can't remember who said it, but someone in the public limelight once said that "Democracy is great, but with democracy, the people get the government they deserve".

Don't get me wrong....I am all for "democracy"....but a little bit over half the country voted for "O" (and in enough big electoral college states that made it seem like a landslide)....and this Holder guy is just the tip of the iceberg of a new world order in the U.S.A. re a re-definition of "democracy".

That video is short, but it says a whole lot.  How is Holder/"O" et al going to define "assault weapons" and "cop killer bullets"?  Heck, someone could be assaulted with a wooden spoon or a pen...just check out Jack Bauer in the recent premiere episode of 24  :D .  And a BB could be considered a "cop killer bullet".

Dark clouds are acomin', my fellow patriots.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 10:18:39 PM by Dan W »
www.everreadyccw.com
"Always remember that you are Americans, and it is your birthright to dream great dreams in this sweet and blessed land, truly the greatest, freest, strongest nation on Earth." -- Ronald Reagan

Offline ranger04

• Valued Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 06:06:09 PM »
I have already contacted my reps in the senate and congress and told them that i oppose his being confirmed as the AG. Not that it will do any good but......
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 10:18:57 PM by Dan W »

Offline Dtrain323i

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 07:32:52 PM »
The real unfortunate thing is that heller opened the door to "reasonable restrictions". The problem is, who's definition of reasonable are we going to go off of? It's going to take a lot of litigation to answer that question. The nice thing is that an AWB bans a certain class of firearms and that is the exact kind of ban that was overturned in Heller so we have a shot.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 10:19:28 PM by Dan W »

Offline Aldo

• Ever vigilant. Ever ready. Ever willing. www.everreadyccw.com
  • NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 10:51:55 PM »
Probably going to be too late on getting US representatives to not confirm Eric Holder as U.S. AG.

Here is an interesting link of a news clip regarding Holder and the danger to 2A:

« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 10:19:45 PM by Dan W »
www.everreadyccw.com
"Always remember that you are Americans, and it is your birthright to dream great dreams in this sweet and blessed land, truly the greatest, freest, strongest nation on Earth." -- Ronald Reagan

Offline iiranger

• Forum Member
This is why...Re: Attorney General ..r on Banning "Assault Weapons"
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 12:23:57 PM »
We need much better trained political operators than the NRA will train or will fund in adequate numbers. I can be done but "preaching to the choir" won't do it. "When they feel the heat, they see the light..."
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 10:20:01 PM by Dan W »

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 10:21:37 PM »
The spelling nazi strikes again...sorry for the edit, but that title was buggin me
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.