< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: I don't think the last safety lesson sunk in.  (Read 992 times)

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
Re: I don't think the last safety lesson sunk in.
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 06:02:35 PM »
I just saw this on the news.  I hope it wasn't one of our members.  Makes us look bad nonetheless.

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 06:05:58 PM »
Yep, this makes all of us look bad.  Incidents like this make it almost understandable why some businesses would post no weapons signs, even though this was in the parking lot.

Offline omaharj

• social catalyst
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 06:20:12 PM »
Yep! One bullet shot  over 5000 people in the foot! Two possibilities  come to mind, he tried to catch it as it was falling and fumble fingered the trigger.       .......or he was playing around, unintentionally shot himself and made up the part about the gun falling. Either way, he didn't pay attention in ccw class. Bad for all of us no matter what happened.  RJ

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 06:51:25 PM »
Glad it was only him that was shot and it wasn't apparently a bad wound. 

Still, our cause will certainly take a hit, especially if he is a permit holder. 
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011, 02:32:10 PM »
MSNBC website reports the police reported the man was sitting in his car when the firearm discharged. 

Was someone's finger on the trigger when it shouldn't have been? 

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44113212/ns/local_news-omaha_ne/t/man-accidentally-shoots-himself-store-parking-lot/

Other sites are reporting the man DID have a CCW permit.
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline omaharj

• social catalyst
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2011, 04:51:33 PM »
Is that Supersaver posted "no weapons"? Perhaps it happened while attempting to put the gun in a case. If no pocket holster is used,and there are other objects in the pocket,say keys or golf tees,anything can happen. Still, it's a shame. If it IS an NFOA member, I hope they will tell us what happened. RJ

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2011, 06:54:30 PM »
I shop at Super Saver here in Lincoln at the time and I have never seen any of them posted no weapons, but I can't vouch for Omaha area stores.

Thank God it wasn't a really serious injury ( like any gunshot wound  is minor  :( ) and I am glad it was not in the store.

BTW, even if the store was posted the parking lot can not be restricted by law
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.