< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: "That's why it's called concealed." - Rick Perry  (Read 3108 times)

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
"That's why it's called concealed." - Rick Perry
« on: August 16, 2011, 08:07:57 PM »
I can only dream of the day that we'll have a president with a CHP.....

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/opinion/op_ed/view.bg?articleid=1359100&srvc=rss

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: "That's why it's called concealed." - Rick Perry
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 08:13:10 PM »
 ;D
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 08:25:06 PM »
best article i've read all day.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 08:58:16 PM »
I like that about him.  A few other things ... not so much.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 06:32:50 AM »
I don't agree with Perry on a lot of things, but I think he's the only one who has a realistic shot at beating Obama and is pro-2A.  Unlike Romney, who is basically Obama's clone.

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 07:32:09 AM »
One of the things I really like about Bill Richardson, Governor in NM, is he not only signed the CCW law, but took one of the first classes and got his permit.  Not bad for a Democrat.

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 07:44:25 AM »
ahh, coffee and a political candidate who's not afraid to call them as he sees them.  it's gonna be a good day tater.
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 09:05:12 AM »
When I found out that Rick Perry was an "Establishment Republican" favorite, I lost heart ....... it seeems to me that the Establishment Republicans are part of the Problem...... they may not spend at the insane pace the Dems do, but they still don't seem to have a problem with the ever increasing size, scope, and cost of Government.

While the fact that Gov. Perry may (or may not) Carry an LCP with him may be reassuring to some, I'd be much more  interested in hearing he was Carrying a Budget Axe Chainsaw driving a Budget Bulldozer.

The Establishment Republicans need to understand:

It's the SPENDING, Stupid!
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2011, 09:50:43 AM »
When I found out that Rick Perry was an "Establishment Republican" favorite, I lost heart ....... it seeems to me that the Establishment Republicans are part of the Problem...... they may not spend at the insane pace the Dems do, but they still don't seem to have a problem with the ever increasing size, scope, and cost of Government.

While the fact that Gov. Perry may (or may not) Carry an LCP with him may be reassuring to some, I'd be much more  interested in hearing he was Carrying a Budget Axe Chainsaw driving a Budget Bulldozer.

The Establishment Republicans need to understand:

It's the SPENDING, Stupid!

Well that and far too many regulations.   
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2011, 11:14:35 AM »
JimP....as a Texan myself, not sure why you think Perry is an establishment Republican.  He is nothing like the establishment ala Karl Rove, Dana Perrino, etc speaking out against him.  He crossed swords with Bush last year during his blasting of Kay Bailey Hutchinson.  See link below for some further insight.

http://frontpagemag.com/2011/08/17/5-myths-about-rick-perry/

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2011, 12:39:01 PM »
JimP....as a Texan myself, not sure why you think Perry is an establishment Republican.  He is nothing like the establishment ala Karl Rove, Dana Perrino, etc speaking out against him.  He crossed swords with Bush last year during his blasting of Kay Bailey Hutchinson.  See link below for some further insight.

http://frontpagemag.com/2011/08/17/5-myths-about-rick-perry/

As a matter of fact, he used to be a Democrat didn't he?

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2011, 12:56:10 PM »
Yes, he did.  In fact, he was the state rep for Alfonse Gore's 1988 presidential campain (before Al went off the deep end).  That being said he 1) saw the light and 2) Everyone used to be a Democrat in the Republic of Texas, but hey...everyone makes mistakes.....like Johanns, Bruning, et al.   

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2011, 04:24:13 PM »
Like I said, if he comes out advocating serious spending reductions (a la Herman Cain) then maybe I could vote for him....... As it is, if he is another G. Bush (Bush Light?) Big Government "Conservative" (Hah!) ..... I'd rather lose than vote in someone who gives false hope.  Hell, even Ron Paul would be preferable, as at least he'd tell you the truth as he saw it, instead of telling you what you want to hear, in order to just get elected.  I'm not sure Mr. Perry did not just change parties because he thought he could get ahead better with an R behind his name.

True, Ronald Reagan used to be a Democrat..... I'd like to see what else Mr. Perry has done ....... has he reduced the size of the Texas Government?

The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2011, 04:42:01 PM »
Yes... just give me 4 more years of Obama
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2011, 07:18:43 PM »
JimP....I would highly encourage you to take the time and look at Perry.  No disrespect intended, but your comments are very misinformed ala "As it is, if he is another G. Bush (Bush Light?) Big Government "Conservative" (Hah!)"  He is not.  Paul Burca who is a long time editor for Texas Monthly magazine (which is pretty darn liberal) has written extensively on Perry and is pretty fond of him at the end of the day.   
"Hell, even Ron Paul would be preferable, as at least he'd tell you the truth as he saw it, instead of telling you what you want to hear, in order to just get elected"  That's part of Perry's "problem" now with the Drive By Media....he speaks his mind and is darn clear about what he intends to do and doesn't care what the schmucks think. Keep in mind Perry ain't got no pedigree that's why he is driving even the establishment "Repubicans" crazy.   Of course the Man-Child in the White House attempted to arrogantly marginalize him today too by saying he's going to give Perry some slack as he's only been in the race a few days.  Is that what we want 4 years of????  Bring on Hillary if that's our option. 

Offline Bill

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2011, 07:19:38 PM »
Perry called for smaller federal government, promising to "work everyday to try to make Washington, D.C., as inconsequential in your life as I can."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20092051-503544.html

Now as with all politicians that quote is worth what you paid for it.  That being said I think that now, more than any other time in my lifetime, there's the possibility of change in Washington.  The big government crowd over-reached and in 2010 there was a backlash that continues even now; albeit somewhat quieter.  Out of the candidates that can get elected I think Perry is the best option.  As a major plus he's very pro-gun, so maybe he's our best option for something small like the repeal of the Hughes amendment or the 68' Act.

You can judge the Democratic fear of him by the media attack dog reaction, and so far they're looking pretty wound up.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2011, 07:20:41 PM »
And if BHO wins on Dan's vote we are moving into his commune, since we won't have anything left :)

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2011, 08:57:05 PM »
And if BHO wins on Dan's vote we are moving into his commune, since we won't have anything left :)

I was looking for an "extremely sarcastic" smiley  to go with that statement and couldn't find one

EDIT 
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2011, 06:30:13 AM »
Perry is not the "ultimate Conservative" but may be the only one that can beat the Divider in Chief.

I don't like his stance on immigration or taxes, but I have learned that I will probably never be able to really vote FOR any Presidential nominee, just AGAINST the other side.   :angry:
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2011, 07:22:53 AM »
I was looking for an "extremely sarcastic" smiley  to go with that statement and couldn't find one

EDIT 

Whew!  For a minute there I thought we might have one of those "Invasion of the Body Snatcher" things going on.  :)
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller