< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Qualified My Daughter for CHP Yesterday  (Read 1397 times)

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
Qualified My Daughter for CHP Yesterday
« on: August 28, 2011, 10:18:04 PM »
It Wuz a Good Day for a Gun Dad.........

Yesterday one of my [six] Luvly Daughters sat all day through my Nebraska Concealed Handgun Permit Class.   She even took lotsa class notes.   And pretended to pay attention while the Greyhaired Guy droned away.

And then she passed the Written and Range portions to perfection.

I had to tell her to quit shooting those .38 wadcutters through the same hole, so that the hits could be separately counted for score verification.

The Next Step is to teach her to reload so that she can crank the reloading press all winter.    While I watch the football games.

Proud Dad

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
Re: Qualified My Daughter for CHP Yesterday
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 10:26:33 PM »
YAY!

I look forward to the day when my Eldest gets her permit!
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline omaharj

• social catalyst
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 05:21:55 AM »
Congratulations Dad, on raising a daughter to be self-reliant. I think there should be a women's forum on here. We should encourage half the population of Nebraskans to exercise their second amendment. (I volunteer to be moderator 8)) RJ

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 06:57:13 AM »
Cool!
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 09:45:11 AM »
Congratulations Dad, on raising a daughter to be self-reliant. I think there should be a women's forum on here. We should encourage half the population of Nebraskans to exercise their second amendment. (I volunteer to be moderator 8)) RJ
Good job, Pa!  Can't wait to do that mayself one day. (only 11, so I gots a wait)
I have made it a mission to inform women of their rights/duty to protect themselves and family. There are too many that believe the hype that a gun is a mans thing. Heck , give me the choice between a man or woman to back me up, I'll take the woman. 1. better shooter, 2. Don't mess with momma bear!
β€œIt is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 11:20:24 AM »
NE Bull is right.  I find among shooters of equal experience the woman will almost always outshoot the man.

6 daughters?  You must have a lot of gray hair, or none at all.  I only have 1 and I'm dreading the teenage years!

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 10:35:32 PM »
Well, Finally............

My Luvly Daughter completed the application process for her CHP today.

As indicated way up above, she attended my CHP class in August, 2011.

She finally got the whole application package together and Today was the Day.

She had to go in an get a change-of-address on her NE operator's license, which was an impediment.   Gotta take time off work to go to the DMV.   Then time off work to go to the State Patrol.   Then there was the 100 bucks [I finally broke down and gave it to her, just to prime the pump on the application process.]

Anyhow, the fingerprints and picture are in the NE State Patrol system.   The Ap is in the Processing Mill.   We'll see just how long it takes.

In the meantime, the 5-day renewal period on my own CHP renewal is now running 32 days.    [Wonder if they thought my renewal application was a new ap.................]

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2012, 08:48:50 AM »
oof, 32 on a renewal?  doesn't bode well for a guy who's going in to the class in 2 weeks lol.
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline sidearm1

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 10:43:01 AM »
It took my son 23 days after he started the renewal.  It also took several phone calls.  It was amazing that after he talked to the supervisor the application was processed the next day.  They thought it got placed on top of the large amounts of first time permits. ??