< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Any Hunter Safety Instructors?  (Read 2037 times)

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
Any Hunter Safety Instructors?
« on: August 29, 2011, 02:18:24 PM »
I'm looking to get my certification and need to assist another safety instructor in teaching classes.

TIA

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
Re: Any Hunter Safety Instructors?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 03:00:32 PM »
I do both:  Firearm and Archery.

Nothing planned right now.   [Mostly doing Concealed Handgun Permits lately.]

If you watch the NE Game and Parks website, they'll list the scheduled sessions.

You can find one near you at a convenient time, contact the Chief Instructor, and ask to serve on the team.

Most Chief Instructor's are delighted to have help, even Help which just sits there and says, "Amen" to whatever the CI is talking about.

Be sure to sign at least one (1) Hunter Education card as Assistant, so that your apprenticeship is officially completed.

Barb Fougeron at the NE G&P office at the Aksarben Aquarium is a Jewel.    She can give you plenty of support in your endeavor.

It's lots of fun.    Amazing to see young pre-teens sit and listen without squirming or punching each other in the arm for four solid hours.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 07:28:55 PM »
I do both:  Firearm and Archery.

Nothing planned right now.   [Mostly doing Concealed Handgun Permits lately.]

If you watch the NE Game and Parks website, they'll list the scheduled sessions.

You can find one near you at a convenient time, contact the Chief Instructor, and ask to serve on the team.

Most Chief Instructor's are delighted to have help, even Help which just sits there and says, "Amen" to whatever the CI is talking about.

Be sure to sign at least one (1) Hunter Education card as Assistant, so that your apprenticeship is officially completed.

Barb Fougeron at the NE G&P office at the Aksarben Aquarium is a Jewel.    She can give you plenty of support in your endeavor.

It's lots of fun.    Amazing to see young pre-teens sit and listen without squirming or punching each other in the arm for four solid hours.

sfg

Thanks.  I'm signing up my son and another boy for the session in Valley in September.  I figure helping out at that one should be easy enough.  It would be kind of cool if I could sign my son's card.

Took the Boy Scouts Child Protection training this evening.  Looks like I'm on my way.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 09:50:51 PM »
According to Barb Fougeron, the Primary Go-To Gal at NE Game and Parks at the Aquarium, you may indeed sign on your son's card.

At least, she said that I could indeed sign off on my own grandson's card.

So....by extension of this concept.....etc.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 07:46:52 AM »
According to Barb Fougeron, the Primary Go-To Gal at NE Game and Parks at the Aquarium, you may indeed sign on your son's card.

At least, she said that I could indeed sign off on my own grandson's card.

So....by extension of this concept.....etc.

sfg

That would be very cool.  I think the other boy that I'm taking would like to have me sign his card too.  He lost his dad a little over a year ago and I've kind of taken him under my wing.

I e-mailed the instructor for the class in Valley in September and he's contacting Dave Mills to make sure everything is hunky-dory.

Offline Rob B

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 09:15:13 PM »
Under the new computer system, don't sign cards.

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 07:36:28 AM »
Under the new computer system, don't sign cards.

Yup.  I found that out yesterday.

Offline Rob B

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 05:56:10 PM »
yeah I found out last wekend after I finished my bow  class