< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: lincoln, NE chief of police  (Read 1946 times)

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
lincoln, NE chief of police
« on: September 01, 2011, 02:06:39 PM »
So how long has Cassidy been out, what's the new guy like, how did I miss this change.
Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: lincoln, NE chief of police
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 05:02:22 PM »
cassidy has been out a few months, not sure how long.  i actually missed it too.  cassidy has some community service title now, basicallly looks after all of the police, fire departments and other stuff.  someone else might be able to fill you in some more.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 07:00:16 PM »
Does anyone know about the new guy, Jim Peschong, and what his stance on the 2A is?  Is he the thinly veiled 2A supporter that Casady claimed to be?

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline Eagle1

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 07:04:16 PM »
He is the Public Safety Director now.  That leaves John Huff head of day to day task at LFR, Interim Chif and  Jim Peschong is listed  as Police Chief on their website. This all happened at the end of April. ::)
USN 83-87, American Legion

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 08:12:26 PM »
I just love how the city has no money and had to raise property taxes by 10% but can still afford to create a new position for Cassidy with a bigger paycheck.

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 08:14:59 PM »
THERE IS NO CORRUPTION IN LINCOLN POLITICS!

Nothing to see here, move along folks.
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 10:38:34 PM »
Peschong is a politician who seems to hate the Patriot Guard, even if his LEO's love them.
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2011, 09:24:31 AM »
People, people, hear's how we got all figured; if it will benefit UNL, Lincoln will do anything within or (outside) their powers to accomplish it.  If it will benefit anyone else, well................The rest of us can take a hike (on the 100s of miles of trails within the city)
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2011, 01:59:43 PM »
According to Coby Mach with LIBA, Cassidy was named Director of Public Safety.  This was created while still allowing for a Fire Chief and Police Chief.  Somewhere in this beauracracy (sp?), there was a supposed overall savings of $13,000/year.  Al Gore fuzzy math???

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2011, 03:05:37 PM »
According to Coby Mach with LIBA, Cassidy was named Director of Public Safety.  This was created while still allowing for a Fire Chief and Police Chief.  Somewhere in this beauracracy (sp?), there was a supposed overall savings of $13,000/year.  Al Gore fuzzy math???

I never did get the hang of that new math stuff.  It's sorta like cutting the amount of spending next year from 7% to 5% mumbo jumbo.  It's still a spending increase in my world. 
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline Ronvandyn

• Pollywog
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2011, 05:52:18 PM »
NE-CHP Holder, USAF Veteran, NRA Member,  ENGC Member
KC0MXX

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2011, 05:54:02 PM »
Sounds like he's cut from the same cloth as Cassidy.

Offline Ronvandyn

• Pollywog
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2011, 05:56:16 PM »
Given what I saw when I was searching, he is far more politician than cop.  Glad I dont live in Lincoln.

Ron
NE-CHP Holder, USAF Veteran, NRA Member,  ENGC Member
KC0MXX

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2011, 10:00:42 PM »
While the current and former Lincoln Police Chiefs have their downsides......... I will give Cassidy credit for running a dept where officers actually follow up and solve crimes. Much more than I can say about the Omaha Police Dept.

I've had personal experiences with my businesses being burglarized or stolen from....... OPD could give a crap less and doesn't follow up. OPD fills out a report and lets if go to their Detective division, which rarely follows up. LPD beat Officers take the report, follow up,  investigate and solve crimes on their beat.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2011, 10:27:22 PM »
While the current and former Lincoln Police Chiefs have their downsides......... I will give Cassidy credit for running a dept where officers actually follow up and solve crimes. Much more than I can say about the Omaha Police Dept.

I've had personal experiences with my businesses being burglarized or stolen from....... OPD could give a crap less and doesn't follow up. OPD fills out a report and lets if go to their Detective division, which rarely follows up. LPD beat Officers take the report, follow up,  investigate and solve crimes on their beat.

I have a lot of respect for Lincoln's officers.  Every time I've dealt with them they've been professional and pleasant.  I don't care for the politics of their leaders, though.

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2011, 07:06:52 AM »
When one considers the political leanings of the typical Lincoln mayor, the stated public policies of the Chief o' Police isn't surprising. 

I love the handwringing Peschong delivers in the Columbus newspaper article: 

How that may change traffic stops for local law enforcement hasn't become clear just yet.

It's still relatively new for everybody,” said Jim Peschong, assistant chief of the Lincoln Police Department.

Granted, police always have that concern in the back of their minds, he said, but now it's different.

Now you've got a whole different class of people that may be carrying them.”

Read more: http://columbustelegram.com/news/article_71a00f71-eac8-5e0c-b0a1-2a59765431c4.html#ixzz1XSLGi2kJ

Yes Officer Peschong, a whole different class.   ::)
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline justsomeguy

• Defender of the Constitution
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2011, 11:32:03 PM »
By Lori Pilger/Lee Enterprises | Posted: Monday, February 5, 2007 12:00 am | (1) Comments

Note the date.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit. The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are." - Marcus Aurelius

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2011, 02:15:40 PM »
Note the date.

Yep, back then it was easy to find the naysayers.  "Experts" everywhere were predicting murder and mayhem.  Now, not so much.  :) 

Offline sidearm1

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2011, 08:19:43 PM »
The money savings comes from one less Ass't Chief of Police and one less Deputy Fire Chief.  Both positions eliminated.  Good move for LFD, I think politics will play more at LPD.