< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Anybody owned a Browning A-bolt or A-bolt II?  (Read 1240 times)

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
Anybody owned a Browning A-bolt or A-bolt II?
« on: September 02, 2011, 10:20:12 AM »
My brother is looking at one on the consignment rack in Denver ........ I've never shot one .....

The only things I've found on the net about them is that the original A-bolt had some issues with the bolt binding, and the A-bolt II solved that...... they are pretty spendy ...... and they have to be taken off safe to open the bolt.  Anybody else have info on them?
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline Hardwood83

• Powder Benefactor
  • Molon Labe
Re: Anybody owned a Browning A-bolt or A-bolt II?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 01:44:23 PM »
I had one in .300WSM I sold about a year ago. Never any issue with performance or accuracy.  The bolt was very smooth, I liked the trigger and loved the palm swell grip- but it did kick like a mule! I wouldn't hesitate to get another in a different caliber.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 06:11:15 PM »
Which did you have- A-Bolt or A-Bolt II?
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 07:30:27 AM »
My Browning in .300 win mag is a A-Bolt.  One of the most accurate, smooth, nice handling guns that I have. 

I wish I still had a reason to keep it, but there are no Elk or Moose or Bear here in Washington county.   ;D

It is for sale, by the way...  http://nebraskafirearms.org/forum/index.php/topic,4077.new.html#new
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline Hardwood83

• Powder Benefactor
  • Molon Labe
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 03:05:18 PM »
Which did you have- A-Bolt or A-Bolt II?

Not sure to be honest, got it around 2004 if that tells you anything.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud