< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Is living off the land illegal?  (Read 1895 times)

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
Is living off the land illegal?
« on: September 04, 2011, 05:55:21 PM »
Grab yer tin hat, possible gubmit 'spiracy here. 
Seriously, with just what I've seen happen in Lincoln with iminate domain, blighted property, etc,  this is all very real and possible. Thought I'd post here for those like me who dream of living of the grid.

http://offgridsurvival.com/livingoffthegridcrime/

I personally want to get myself some acres of nowhere and nothing land, punch a well, put up a wind generator, stock the firewood, and live off the land and unconnected to the "grid". But just how long will our government allow that to happen? They seem to have their hands in every utility.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
Re: Is living off the land illegal?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 08:36:17 AM »
I think that's more a Kalifornistan thing than a national thing....  for now anyway. 
It will become more common nationwide if the ship isn't "righted" in D.C. soon.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 09:27:24 AM »
If you are self-sufficient you're not dependent on the government.  That's a threat to those in power.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 06:59:01 PM »

I personally want to get myself some acres of , punch a well, put up a wind generator, stock the firewood, and live off the land and unconnected to the "grid". But just how long will our government allow that to happen? They seem to have their hands in every utility.

You can't sink a well in this state anymore without permits from the NRD in charge of the area in question..... at least that's the case in the Republican River Valley.....

"nowhere and nothing land"

No such animal..... at least not in this state. If you can grow corn or cattle on it, it will be assessed tax value as if you were doing just that, and if you don't pay your property taxes, someone will, and then they'll file a tax lien, there will be a Sherrif's sale, and you won't be living off YOUR land anymore, as it will be someone elses land.

.... and if you can't grow anything on it, and it is really "nothing land", you ain't going to be able to live off very well ...... if at all.

The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.