< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Pre-emption.......... or not  (Read 1489 times)

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
Pre-emption.......... or not
« on: October 23, 2007, 02:14:17 PM »
 :-\ ................

..........After watching Naomi Wolf's  speech, I was thinking about government.  As it applies to pre-emption, I'm not so sure I want state law to supercede local ordinances. I'm a big fan of local control. I dislike it when a distant 'Gubmint' (Federal or State) asserts itself into local issues. Whether Plattsmouth wants concealed weapons in Plattsmouth should be up to the residents of Platsmouth. On the other hand, I don't want the Plattsmouth PD (as the Holdrege PD has in the past) playing "gotcha" as someone drives through. Up to this point, it has been easy enough for me to Open Carry if I needed to stop somwhere in Plattsmouth or NE City. That may or may not change. The best solution I see (aside from having local citizens get the local ordinances removed) is for the State to require towns that don't allow concealed weapons to post their Prohibition plainly at the city limits. This would allow CHP holders to drive through on their way to spend their money elsewhere........
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 09:10:57 AM by JimP »
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.