< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Who has Israeli Battle Dressings?  (Read 1692 times)

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
Who has Israeli Battle Dressings?
« on: September 09, 2011, 04:59:43 PM »
Alright, who has IBDS in their med kits/vehicle bags/etc?  They look really practical for treating severe bleeding and for the price, I don't think you could get the ace bandage and 4x4s equivalent components separately and more economically.  Anybody have a source for these or a preferred vendor? 
"I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert Heinlein

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: Who has Israeli Battle Dressings?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 06:27:11 PM »
I have thought about these too.  I think I've seen them on Amazon for a fair price. 

I keep a couple of QuickClot sponges in my kit.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 07:14:38 PM »
North American Rescue   www.narescue.com
Great selection of IFAKs

Offline sjwsti

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 08:04:41 AM »
I have used IBDS and they work pretty well but have one draw back. They don't have any type of velcro brake sewn into the bandage to prevent it from completely unrolling during application if it comes out of your hand (and odds are it will..).

North American Rescue or TacMed Solutions offer combination bandages that have these brakes and are a better choice, in my opinion.

I think the best bang for the buck is the Olaes bandage. It has extra gauze and an occlusive dressing included. Whichever you choose, pick one (Having multiple styles of bandages will only complicate matters when time may be of the essence) and purchase it in a couple of sizes. Try to buy a couple of extras so you can practice with them.

- Shawn
"It's not what you know that will get you into trouble; it's what you know that isn't true"

www.88tactical.com

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 05:25:29 PM »
Thanks for the responses, guys.
"I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert Heinlein

Offline TerryLane

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 11:49:05 AM »
USCav has 'em, LA Police Gear has 'em, Bestglide has 'em. Take care.
Terry Lane
NRA Life
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Appointed Training Counselor
Nebraska Concealed Handgun Instructor