< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Obamas Gun control Agenda  (Read 2503 times)

Offline Ram Ringer

• NFOA Full Member
Obamas Gun control Agenda
« on: January 22, 2009, 07:32:51 AM »
I just looked on www.whitehouse.gov under the urban development section and all of his so called crime fighting anti gun stuff he had removed from his change.com website is back on there. Including favoring the repeal of the Tiahart (sp?) amendment, closing the so called gun show loophole, and the so called assualt weapons ban.
"The Most Important Political Office Is That Of The Private Citizen"  Louis Brandeis

Offline Aldo

• Ever vigilant. Ever ready. Ever willing. www.everreadyccw.com
  • NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
Re: Obamas Gun control Agenda
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 02:20:20 PM »
It's a whole new world order with "O" and his administration.

It will be interesting to watch it unfold and see how much it has an effect upon the states (e.g., with one stroke of the pen, an executive order makes LB430 and anything like it null and void).
www.everreadyccw.com
"Always remember that you are Americans, and it is your birthright to dream great dreams in this sweet and blessed land, truly the greatest, freest, strongest nation on Earth." -- Ronald Reagan

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 09:36:44 PM »
And then we all need to stand up and not just say no but HELL NO!!
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 10:05:16 PM »
I am not sure that the Prez can take away states rights with an Executive order, but if I were a bettin' man I would say not
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Aldo

• NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 10:25:54 PM »
I am not sure that the Prez can take away states rights with an Executive order, but if I were a bettin' man I would say not

I sure hope you're right, Dan W.  An attorney I am not, but that's what it might take if "O" does so....it might be necessary to take the issue to court.
www.everreadyccw.com
"Always remember that you are Americans, and it is your birthright to dream great dreams in this sweet and blessed land, truly the greatest, freest, strongest nation on Earth." -- Ronald Reagan

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 10:50:16 PM »

I sure hope you're right, Dan W.  An attorney I am not, but that's what it might take if "O" does so....it might be necessary to take the issue to court.

....Nope, prolly not...... but what he CAN do is direct his minions in the various alphabet soup departments of thisnthat to make life difficult for our friends and easy for our foes...... that was the way Clinton worked.......
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline Aldo

• NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 10:43:25 PM »
Here's a link to a YouTube newsclip regarding U.S. AG candidate Eric Holder, "O", and 2A:

www.everreadyccw.com

Offline Aldo

• NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2009, 02:51:38 PM »
Maybe we should ask our senators as well as "O", Holder, etc to watch this video and be reminded what 2A means for the citizens of the U.S.A.:

http://blip.tv/file/1371746/
www.everreadyccw.com

Offline Rule#.308

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2009, 07:27:16 PM »
First of all I will tell you I am a Libertarian.  That's someone who believes the government should protect the country, build roads, pay for police and fire protection but otherwise stay the heck out of my life.  That being said; I would like to point out that the American people did not elect Obama.  George Bush handed the presidency to him on a silver platter.  Bush's totally inept, my way or the highway leadership will put him in an aboslute dead heat with Andrew Johnson and Herbert Hoover as the worst president this nation ever had.  Gripe all you want about Clinton but when Bush took over the deficet was nil.  Blame the terrorists, blame Clinton, heck you may as well add FDR.  The bottom line is no bid contracts with no oversight to the vice presidents former company reeks of foul play.  The "Oh we goofed up on some bad intelligence" does not play.  Bush went before the American people and lied point blank.  Yes we needed boots on the ground in Afganistan but not Iraq.  I will be the first to admit Saddam was as evil as Hitler, Stalin, Mao and Idi Amin all rolled together but he did not knock down the twin towers.  Osama Bin Laden did that and when was the last time you heard Bush mention the name Osama Bin Laden?  It was years ago, and now he has just released another audio tape.  We have satilites that can watch a mouse crap on a piece of cotton but we can't find a seven foot Arab dragging around a kidney dialisis machine.  And here's a tidbit to ponder.  Do you think we would be a bit worried about that crazy s.o.b in Iran making nuclear facilities and now rockets is Saddam were still in power?  I don't think so, those two countries have been enemies  for years and Saddam would have had to react militarily.

Please don't get me wrong, I voted for the other guy and I want my second ammendment rights upheld, but put the blame where it should be, on George W. Bush. 

Now, what we better hope is that a conservative Supreme Court justice does not retire or die because this court has backed the second ammendment and if one of liberals retires it will simply be a trade off.

Read a newspaper or try switching news channels once in a while but for God's sake get some facts.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 07:31:48 PM by Rule#.308 »
Don't pick a fight with an old man.  If he's to old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Offline Aldo

• NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2009, 07:53:38 PM »
"W" made his share of mistakes....probably a look at history would show each Prez has their respective share, too.  He's history now.

"O" sure is rackin' 'em up for just 2 weeks into his term at the current time.  Time will tell how he's gonna go with 2A...he's got 4 years (and maybe more) to bide his time...but his past track record on 2A as well as Holder's is enough to make one wince.

I like the minimalistic involvement of government, though.  Unfortunately, we are in an era now that just loves to increase government control....on everything! :o
www.everreadyccw.com

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2009, 09:08:39 AM »
  Unfortunately, we are in an era now that just loves to increase government control....on everything! :o

If you paid attention in History class, we pretty much have been in an era of ever-increasing  Federal Government power since the turn of the LAST century....... Woodrow Wilson's administration, to be exact. 
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline Aldo

• NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2009, 03:00:43 PM »
  Unfortunately, we are in an era now that just loves to increase government control....on everything! :o

If you paid attention in History class, we pretty much have been in an era of ever-increasing  Federal Government power since the turn of the LAST century....... Woodrow Wilson's administration, to be exact. 

Unfortunately, all that my History class teacher cared about was making us memorize dates, events, names, and places.....and then test us on pure memorization of facts....soak in and regurgitate.  No "concept" learning....or "comparative perspectives"....or even "current events"!  What a waste.

My crystal ball may be cloudy, and I pray that it is, however I do believe (predict) that we will currently see an attempt at MUCH more control than ever before.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see....... :-\
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 07:36:19 PM by Aldo »
www.everreadyccw.com

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2009, 07:00:53 PM »
Aldo, if you want to scare the crap out of yourself, do a little research into the activities of the Wilson Administration....... at a time when the Execuative Branch really did not have a lot of power........ if The One starts carrying on like that now, there will be blood.

Offline Aldo

• NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2009, 09:49:03 PM »
JimP, I have a pretty good friend at work who is a history buff....and he has been reading a book called "Liberal Fascism"....and what he shares with me about the Wilson era does scare the wazoo out of me...and a lot of it is parallel to what has happened in the past elsewhere globally...and to what has been taking place recently.  Yes, scary stuff!

Whose "blood" are you referring to?  That's what also gets scary.
www.everreadyccw.com