< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: LB672 Pirsch's bill.  (Read 1425 times)

Offline jimburnetto

• NFOA Full Member
LB672 Pirsch's bill.
« on: January 22, 2009, 01:19:28 PM »
What do you think of this?  I see what he's trying to do, but my gut feeling is I don't like the 2nd offense part being so strict.  

--
http://www.kolnkgin.com/home/headlines/38138799.html

The penalties for repeat gun crimes could become much tougher in Nebraska if a new bill is adopted.

On Wednesday, state Sen. Pete Pirsch of Omaha introduced LB672 in the Legislature.

He says is needed because guns have increased fear of violence. One of the strictest measures in the proposal would make those convicted a second time of illegally carrying concealed firearms to spend at least three years in prison.

More at the link
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 07:20:18 PM by Dan W »

Offline Jay

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: LB672 Pirsch's bill.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 10:51:19 AM »
I'm the first one in line applauding stricter penalties for criminals, but until the state fixes the current fiasco of a concealed carry law, this bill is bad news.

If the frickin' state patrol can't even figure out where it is legal to carry and where it is prohibited, how are we as every day joe's supposed to be expected to be able to keep it straight.

We need to make sure we put criminals away that know they are being criminals, not law abiding joe public that simply made an honest and understandable mistake, and that never hurt nor intended to hurt anyone.

If we put the bad guys away, and KEEP them away, then we are all better off, and the less laws we would even need on the books.

Offline Jesse T

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • XD Shooter
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 02:35:55 PM »
Its been withdrawn... not sure why...

N0ZXR

Offline Aldo

• Ever vigilant. Ever ready. Ever willing. www.everreadyccw.com
  • NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 11:09:15 PM »
Its been withdrawn... not sure why...

Good!!!!!
www.everreadyccw.com
"Always remember that you are Americans, and it is your birthright to dream great dreams in this sweet and blessed land, truly the greatest, freest, strongest nation on Earth." -- Ronald Reagan