< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Lincoln Gun show this weekend  (Read 3156 times)

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
Re: Lincoln Gun show this weekend
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2011, 07:40:44 AM »
Looks like I'll be there this afternoon for an Open Carry experiment.   ;D
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2011, 08:24:16 AM »
Report back, the lil ol Mak could use some air. ;)
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Ross Berck

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2011, 03:05:46 PM »
I went to the lincoln show this morning.  Walked right in with my heinie built  m1911 in my wilson combat low pro holster.  I just pulled my shirt up and over the gun so it was open carry.  Nobody said a thing and I walked around the show a lot.  I did notice people "trying to look" with out looking like they were trying to look.  Didnt find any guns but bought a gob of raffle tickets to fill out later.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2011, 04:14:35 PM »
I went to the lincoln show this morning.  Walked right in with my heinie built  m1911 in my wilson combat low pro holster.  I just pulled my shirt up and over the gun so it was open carry.  Nobody said a thing and I walked around the show a lot.  I did notice people "trying to look" with out looking like they were trying to look.  Didnt find any guns but bought a gob of raffle tickets to fill out later.

I "unconcealed" before walking in the door with the sign and asked if open carry was allowed.  He said "Yes", and I thought I was home free.  Then he said "It is unloaded right?".  I said it was not, and he said it would need to be unloaded and tagged so I went back to my vehicle and secured the firearm.  When I came back in I mentioned my dislike for a silly rule like that and one man's explanation was "Well...the police come through here occasionally and they would have an issue with it.".  Of course my response was "How could they if it is legal?".  I was not hostile.  I just expressed how ridiculous the rule is.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2011, 05:43:14 PM »
i was there.  i bought a few AR parts.  i thought it had a nice wide varity of stuff to buy.  i forgot to buy raffle tickets!!  D'oh!
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2011, 06:03:48 PM »
Open carried, loaded.  No mention of anything from the guy checking in the rifle I brought in to sell. 
Plenty wanted to know if I was selling the pistol though...

One person bought 100 tickets from Derek and Kim.  That's the way to increase your odds of winning!!
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline Ross Berck

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2011, 07:27:29 PM »
That was me, she didn't seem to be perplexed by my open carry...got to fill them out and that will give me a good chance to see thir store

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2011, 08:53:44 PM »
Last years winner bought $100 worth
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.