< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Crawford does not have concealed carry ban  (Read 2255 times)

Offline oldbikewrench

• NFOA Full Member
Crawford does not have concealed carry ban
« on: January 22, 2009, 09:51:29 PM »
Neb.)-Crawford Does Not Have Concealed Carry Ban

By: Genell Rothleutner Posted at: 01/20/2009 02:50 PM

CRAWFORD - As previously reported, Crawford is not one of the 12 cities that currently has a ban on carrying concealed weapons.

In July of 2008 the small Nebraska Panhandle village updated their city ordinances to allow holders of valid permits issued under the Concealed Handgun Permit Act to carry concealed guns.

Currently, Beatrice; Columbus; Hastings; Holdrege; Kearney; Lexington; Norfolk; O'Neill; Seward; South Sioux City and Wayne have concealed weapons bans. However, Nebraska Attorney General Jon Bruning has issued an opinion stating that a city cannot have a ban that overrides the concealed carry act.

Lynn Rex with the League of Nebraska Municipalities says those cities with the bans do not agree with the AG?s opinion and do not plan on getting rid of their bans.

This story was posted at chadrad.com
“Kid don’t quit talkin’ so much he’ll get his tongue sunburned”
Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Jay

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Crawford does not have concealed carry ban
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 10:17:36 PM »
This is what makes me furious, not even the State Patrol can get the list of cities with bans correct. The above list is wrong.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 10:59:36 PM »
This is what makes me furious, not even the State Patrol can get the list of cities with bans correct. The above list is wrong.

AMEN, the NSP appears to be clueless  in respect to the cities that have a ban on the books.
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline allcd88

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 08:49:12 PM »
That is correct, I was at the meeting when the ordinance was amended.
Jos 24:15  And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve;.............. but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 05:01:08 AM »
South Sioux City's ban has been changed with wording that having a state issued permit is an affirmative defense.
Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger

Offline schoolcop

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 09:02:42 AM »
Hmm, NSP and clueless in the same sentence. That's like the Dept. of Redundancy Dept. I could understand local dept's not knowing what happens in all cities across the state but when the state police can't get it right that's just not right. I would go with Bruning's decision and it will not be worked out until it goes to court. It's a good thing all of our elected officials are on the same page.