< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Nebraska's Current CHP Count  (Read 2768 times)

Offline Brian

• NFOA Full Member
Nebraska's Current CHP Count
« on: September 27, 2011, 01:36:42 PM »
As of 26 September 2011 there was 15,279 permits issued according to Deb Collins at NSP.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
Re: Nebraska's Current CHP Count
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 04:22:02 PM »
WOW!  But with over 15,000 permits issued, I can't help but ask, why are sitting at only 5000+ members?
$200 plus in training/classes and application fees, but $? to help/join the group responsible for pushing such legislation through. How do we reach these fine law abiding citizens?

“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 04:26:29 PM »
I know we have some (several?) CHP instructors on the forum.  Are they providing information to all their students regarding the NFOA, and how the founders were fundamentally involved with the legislation which allows them to take such a class?

Maybe a mailing to the Nebraska CHP instructors with a sample flier we would like distributed would be beneficial?

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 05:21:11 PM »

Maybe a mailing to the Nebraska CHP instructors with a sample flier we would like distributed would be beneficial?

Fly

Great idea!  I'd be willing to mail a letter and brochure to a list of CCW instructors.  Any volunteers to compile that list? 

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 07:29:40 PM »
You should be able to get that list straight off the State Patrol website... unless there are some CCW instructors that don't allow their name and contact info listed.
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline sparky

• NFOA Full Member
  • Site Sponsor
    • Midwest Leather Works
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 07:59:22 PM »
Great idea!  I'd be willing to mail a letter and brochure to a list of CCW instructors.  Any volunteers to compile that list? 

I can put a pamphlet in with my holster orders.
www.midwestleatherworks.com
matt@midwestleatherworks.com

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 08:20:00 PM »
Here you go!

http://statepatrol.nebraska.gov/ConcealedCarry_Instructors.aspx

I would think all of these folks would understand the importance of an organization like NFOA, though there are some questionable ones in there.  Like this "Zeeb" character.  Not sure if he would be behind our efforts or not.  ;D

Fly

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2011, 09:22:31 PM »
Thanks guys.  I am aware of that list from NSP.  The problem is the formatting is not friendly for easily manipulating.  I don't want to copy and paste each one directly, since there are many duplicates  (multiple people that teach together / same company).

I can make it work, but that is a lot of time to manipulate the data.  If someone could provide this in a spreadsheet, I can work with that.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2011, 09:25:23 PM »
Give me a few minutes and I will whip one out.

Fly

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2011, 10:32:28 PM »
Quote from OnTheFly's post, up above:
I know we have some (several?) CHP instructors on the forum.  Are they providing information to all their students regarding the NFOA,

Response:
Three things I always tell my CHP classes at the end of the course:

1)   Now go take Chris Zeeb's Legal Aspects of Lethal Force Class
2)   And then enroll in Shawn Whittington's Advanced Pistol Classes at the Bullet Hole
3)   Finally, Go to the NFOA Forum and sign up as a member

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2011, 10:34:34 PM »
 ;D I think the order is off a little
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2011, 11:06:54 PM »
Rod,

I have an Excel file.  Where would you like it sent? Send me a PM if you like with an email address.

Fly

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2011, 06:56:25 AM »
I give a NFOA brochure to every attendee at my CCW classes.

Offline ghknives

• Gun Show Volunteer NRA Life member
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2011, 08:32:43 AM »
I give a brocure to every one who takes my class in addition to explaining how none of the positive changes in the law would be possible without the NFOA
I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I only love that which they defend.        J.R.R. Tolkein

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2011, 09:14:20 AM »
Not to tell you all how to run your classes, but a little thing I used to do when I sold tires, was explain to them that "as they had just spent $800 plus, on a nice set of quality tires, an $80 Alignment is pretty cheap insurance that you are gonna get every last mile possible out of those tires."

Same goes here; A person makes the decision to protect themselves and their family from harm, Take the time to get a purchase permit, spend time researching the best handgun for them, purchase said quality firearm and ammo, spend the time and money practicing and getting to know the firearm maybe take an introductory course, put down the cash and set aside time to complete the required CHP course, then more money, fingerprints, info, and blood from your first born for the application. After all this, a Free membership into a local gun rights group such as, oh maybe the NFOA, and even maybe a small donation of cash and/or your time, is pretty good 'insurance' that you will get to keep your firearm for the defense of your family, AND secure your children's right to do so in their future.
And as for those that are afraid to get their "name on a list" (as was posed to me last night) I say, not only does the NFOA not share your info, but by the time you have gone as far as obtaining a CHP, you are already on no less than 5 'lists'. 
(sorry, as stated before, I work at night, alone, I tend to think alot!)
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2011, 09:25:33 AM »
The whole " name on a list " crap is just sad
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Hardwood83

• Powder Benefactor
  • Molon Labe
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2011, 10:14:52 AM »
WOW!  But with over 15,000 permits issued, I can't help but ask, why are sitting at only 5000+ members?
$200 plus in training/classes and application fees, but $? to help/join the group responsible for pushing such legislation through. How do we reach these fine law abiding citizens?

That is a good question. I would guess many more would join if informed & asked. Unfortunately there are also a fair number that are apathetic, as I know 2 people I've encouraged (multiple times) to join but they just don't see the need, too lazy or whatever. I suppose it's like the phenomena I've seen reported where something like 4-5 times as many people CLAIM to be NRA members as actually are. They are sympathetic and identify with the NRA but don't do actually do anything about it. With NFOA it's not as if the membership fees are too high or the solicitations too frequent! 
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

Offline RLMoeller

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2011, 10:25:27 AM »
The whole " name on a list " crap is just sad

Agreed.   I wonder if that is why so many people won't vote either.   :(
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 12:56:14 PM by RLM5150 »

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2011, 03:00:37 PM »
Quote from OnTheFly's post, up above:
I know we have some (several?) CHP instructors on the forum.  Are they providing information to all their students regarding the NFOA,

Response:
Three things I always tell my CHP classes at the end of the course:

1)   Now go take Chris Zeeb's Legal Aspects of Lethal Force Class
2)   And then enroll in Shawn Whittington's Advanced Pistol Classes at the Bullet Hole
3)   Finally, Go to the NFOA Forum and sign up as a member

sfg

Sound advice. 
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline y0diggity

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2011, 09:37:51 PM »
I give a brocure to every one who takes my class in addition to explaining how none of the positive changes in the law would be possible without the NFOA

I'm taking your class on 10/1 and your site is how I found this organization. I hadn't heard about it until then. Thanks for the class AND for the tip on the NFOA. I look forward to meeting you on Saturday.
That which does not kill us was not trained properly.